• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UK "The Spirit" uncut?

Karlin

Distinguished Member
I remember this being cut apparently for UK cinemas http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/alternateversions

I assume the Bluray is the same as the US cut now? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

lgans316

Distinguished Member

brian s

Distinguished Member
Having just watched it I'd demand a cut version. I some how made it to the end.

God alone knows how.
Bri

Karlin

Distinguished Member
Yeah, it's had almost totally bad reviews. I can't understand it really as I enjoyed it. Great companion film to Sin City.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Am I correct in saying the running time on the UK edition is 103 mins?

The US is 108 mins.:confused:

Richard

Distinguished Member
I watched this on Sunday night.

10 out of 10 for picture quality.

The audio was pretty awsome too. Could have made better use of the rear speakers though.

As for the film, I'm with you Bri.

:thumbsdow

brian s

Distinguished Member
Am I correct in saying the running time on the UK edition is 103 mins?

The US is 108 mins.:confused:

It's shown as 103 minutes on the cover. I can't get to my player at the moment so can't check if this correct. It may the length of the Pal 25 fps version. I'll check later.

Regards
Bri

IAN P

Distinguished Member
If it has a 15 cert then it's uncut.The cinema release was a 12A and cut by 25 seconds.:thumbsup:

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Could be a typo,they're not going to cut 5 minutes without it being on the censors website.

And Melonfarmers are reliable too.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
IMDB state the US theatrical run time as 103 minutes.I think that's enough second guessing.:D

Had to import Transsiberian though,missing 8 seconds of violence on the UK disc.:thumbsdow

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I have rented it out and no sign of it being a extended version on the cover. It also saids 103 minutes runtime.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I am getting a 102m 36s from the rental but more of a concern, is the audio is only DD 5.1. It seem Liongate is going the same way as EIV and having separate retail and rental versions.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom