UK Terror Threat Raised

Saggy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on this? I started working in London about three months ago, and although it's one of those things you can't control (apart from vigilance) I felt quite stressed about it. Reports are there is no intel about an imminent attack, if there wasn't they why raise it?

Thoughts, opinions, words to put me at ease :).

Last edited:
No intel=no risk.

This is perhaps to prepare us for a terrible attack that might come from those returning from their jolly beheading holidays abroad.

1. Govt ploy to get you to support the land invasion.
    Highly likely but also consider NATO conference in Swansea (Newport) 4th and 5th September. But Its the easiest thing to say, Its highly likely its going to snow, but I have no evidence its imminent.

Last edited:
The little rascals are probably going to use some of the weapons our government gave to them against us. Shock horror :eek:

What are people's thoughts on this? I started working in London about three months ago, and although it's one of those things you can't control (apart from vigilance) I felt quite stressed about it. Reports are there is no intel about an imminent attack, if there wasn't they why raise it?

Do you worry about buses?

Because you are far, far, far, more likely to get run over by one of those...

What are people's thoughts on this?

Just check life assurance is paid up, so loved ones are provided for.

Vote UKIP in 2015

Carry on with your life as normal, do not stress about things you have no control over.

There is always a threat from terrorist groups, if you change your way of life then they win.

Carry on with your life as normal, because we don't give in to terrorists. We will not allow them to change how we choose to live our lives.
The threat level is now Severe for the mainland which means that an attack is highly likely. But it was Severe for years after July 7th.
NI is graded separately but has also been Severe for quite some time.
Because of all the troubles with Northern Ireland over the years, we are extremely experienced at dealing with the threats of terrorism.
MI5, MI6, SC&O15, GCHQ and all the different military intelligence groups are at the top of their game. Just a shame that we don't get to hear about all their successes as well (would jeopardise other ongoing anti terrorism operations and risk disclosing anti terrorism tactics and procedures).

I've never understood why there are so few terror attacks. Say for example I was a terrorist, I could think of dozens of ways to kill multiple people and a lot of these ideas would be fool proof.

It makes you wonder just how serious these so called threats actually are.

Intelligence, spying and grasses basically

As my Dad used to tell me when I was a central London student in the early 90s - don't go near any bombs :lesson:
(IRA threat back then, and was fairly close to the Covent Garden pub bombing of '92)

2vx0wmc.gif

I see that the french have raised theirs too up to the highest level. Its gone from Hide to Run Away.

On a serious note was anyone not expecting this given recent coverage of ISIS/ ISIL/ IS or whatever they are calling them this week.

I was expecting it with the referendum coming up. Better together remember.

:lesson:
As my Dad used to tell me when I was a central London student in the early 90s - don't go near any bombs :lesson:
(IRA threat back then, and was fairly close to the Covent Garden pub bombing of '92)
My dad didn't think it was dangerous enough living in London, so he made me join the Army and packed me off to NI :D

It's not in Swansea, it's taking place in Newport.
And Cardiff - the centre of which is bloody chaos at the moment. So many police around today, it was worse than when they had the FA Cup final here when Wembly was being rebuilt. There's a 10' high steel fence around the Celtic Manor in Newport and Cardiff Castle which, to be honest, wouldn't keep out a serious threat. Presumably there will be several protests during the 2 days of the summit which will, no doubt, cause even more disruption to people trying to go about their normal lives.
Maybe we'd believe it will all be worth it if the big knobs come with solutions to at least some of thee world's problems, but I'm sceptical.......

I've never understood why there are so few terror attacks. Say for example I was a terrorist, I could think of dozens of ways to kill multiple people and a lot of these ideas would be fool proof.

It makes you wonder just how serious these so called threats actually are.

Just waiting for a 'prawn' attack myself :D

Living in London, you just get on with it.

The rest of the country needn't worry.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom