1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Superbit

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Beek1, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd let you know that Columbia TriStar has confirmed that it will begin launching its Superbit range of DVDs in the UK in Spring 2002. For those of you unfamiliar with Superbit, the (very) basic idea is that by eliminating additional material, the DVD manufacturers can crank up the bit rates for picture and sound resulting in the best digital transfers ever for titles in question.
    While the company has done little more than list Spring 2002 as the release date, as it's Columbia TriStar we're talking about you can expect the traditional £19.99 retail price to be maintained.

The initial titles in the UK Superbit range will be:

Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Desperado
    Gattaca
    Godzilla

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I like the idea of Superbit and already have Air Force One with the boxset containg Crouching Tiger, Fifth Element and Desperado on the way for Xmas..... The other R2 titles however don't exactly fill me with excitment....

I wouldn't mind seeing Starship Troopers and Cliffhanger Superbits though!

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,020
    I've got all the current Superbits..with Dracula on the way. Dracula should have a wicked soundtrack (DTS)..
    AirForce One - I was disappointed with the picture (and not a brilliant movie anyway) but the sound was lovely..

4. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I watched Air Force One Superbit for the first time yesterday and agree 100% with you museumsteve - the picture is slightly dissapointing but the DTS sound is UNREAL. Sh*t film but good fun. I reviewed it HERE if anyone wants to check it out......