UK stores Participating in Midnight Mayhem

pitchin4eva

Established Member
Reaction score
If you find out your local store is participating in this midnight Gears 2 launch & will have the golden hammerburst codes, please list it in this thread

Sequel surpasses original game's pre-sales

“Gears of War 2,” the blockbuster sequel to the fastest-selling game of 2006, recently surpassed the total pre-sale orders of the original “Gears of War” and is poised to become the must-have video game this holiday season. With “Gears of War 2” now just 24 days away, there is plenty to look forward to when the game launches on November 7th.

Fans should mark their calendars to participate in the following upcoming launch activities:

* Midnight Mayhem Events
Over 20,000 retail stores worldwide will have “Gears of War 2” on sale at 12:01 a.m. on November 7th as part of the Midnight Mayhem launch program. Everyone who purchases a copy of “Gears of War 2” at participating retailers during Midnight Mayhem will receive an Xbox LIVE token for an exclusive in-game gold-plated Hammerburst Assault Rifle for use in multiplayer gameplay.

* Xbox LIVE Weekend, Nov. 7-10
Xbox LIVE has lined-up special programming for fans, including a “Game with Fame” where Xbox LIVE members can take on the “Gears of War 2” development team at Epic Games and win prizes. Visit www.GearsofWar.com in the coming weeks for details on how to participate.

Additionally, Microsoft and Epic Games are offering exclusive Xbox LIVE content as a special gift to fans, including:

* Flashback Map Pack and Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Membership
Everyone who purchases a copy of “Gears of War 2” will receive an Xbox LIVE token to download the Flashback Map Pack for FREE. The Flashback Map Pack will be available immediately at launch, and consists of five popular maps from the original “Gears of War,” including: Canals, Gridlock, Mansion, Subway and Tyro Station. Each map has been specially updated with new graphics for “Gears of War 2.” In addition, every copy of “Gears of War 2” will include a code for a 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold membership.

* Gold-Plated Lancer Rifle
For gamers looking to distinguish themselves online in multiplayer matches, an Xbox LIVE token to unlock an in-game gold-plated version of the iconic Lancer Assault Rifle will be included in the Limited Edition of “Gears of War 2.”

* Get Started with Gamerscore
The game's developers will provide helpful gameplay hints and insights in a series of exclusive video interviews with the Gamerscore team available to Xbox LIVE GOLD members on November 7th.

“Gears of War 2” blends a best-in-class third-person shooter with unsurpassed high-definition visuals, all layered on top of an engaging story of survival, loss and retribution. “Gears of War 2” is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 with an M.S.R.P of $59.99 for the Standard Edition and $69.99 for the Limited Edition on November 7th worldwide.

For more information about the events and promotions happening in your area, and for the latest updates on “Gears of War 2” visit www.GearsOfWar.com.

Last edited:
I thought this was a USA only thing..?
be interested to confirm

I thought this was a USA only thing..?
be interested to confirm

It says worldwide in the post so it could be anywhere

Hoping to get mine thursday or wenesday anyways..

Gamestation in Swindon are doing Midnight Madness and have three A4 flyers in the window advertising it.

The first line of the terms on the flyer says the Golden Hammerburst voucher code will be issued at point of sale, so if you want both the Golden Lancer and Golden Hammerburst then you'll need to buy the Limited Collector's Edition (LCE), as this has the Lancer code in the box, and this will cost you £49.99 from Gamestation.

Can the golden guns be toggled on and off?

I've got the LCE on order from Zavvi for £39 delivered and might get myself a regular edition from Gamestation's Midnight Madness for £39.99. Ultimately I would like the US regular edition to go with my US Gears 1 regular edition. I sold my Gears 1 LE for the price I paid after viewing the bonus content and reading the book.

Can the golden guns be toggled on and off?

I would like to know this too, does anybody know? Are there any pics of the golden guns in-game? i'd like to know what they look like.

There doesn't seem to be any info on this at all. I've watched every video going but not seen a golden gun. Is it shiny 22 carat gold or dull 9 carat gold??? :D

Also... when you die can anyone pick up your nice and shiny golden gun.:confused:

Also... when you die can anyone pick up your nice and shiny golden gun.:confused:

I doubt it mate. I think it will be a standard dirty grey lancer when you drop it at a weapon pick-up or when it hits the floor after you lose your nut.

Yeah there would be a lot of golden guns scattered about otherwise because if I saw someone with one and someone without I know who I'd be going after :devil:

1224072811.jpg

1224072812.jpg

Gameststation in Boston took my pre-order today, Midnight pickup is go!

I popped into Asda and asked if they were doing a midnight release. The answer was yes, but no idea about golden Hammerburst codes.

Gameststation in Boston took my pre-order today, Midnight pickup is go!

I popped into Asda and asked if they were doing a midnight release. The answer was yes, but no idea about golden Hammerburst codes.

my gamestation had a flyer about the midnight release including the golden lancer code, they still say they will only do the launch if they have enough people to do so, they said they will phone people to find out if they are going, i asked how many people have gone on the midnight list and they said over 100. :eek:

what do u think gamestation. :suicide:

if they don't do it i'll nip over the road to asda.

I spoke to the manager at my local Game and asked the question and his response was it wasn't a big enough game to get a midnight release :rotfl:. I did ask if a game that is projected to sell 8 million plus units isn't big enough then what is????

I spoke to the manager at my local Game and asked the question and his response was it wasn't a big enough game to get a midnight release :rotfl:. I did ask if a game that is projected to sell 8 million plus units isn't big enough then what is????

my gamestation is playing silly buggers too, so when places like asda sell loads of copies and game/gamestation have loads on the shelf they will regret what they did.

I was told the same thing this morning at game in Lincoln, i laughed and walked out

Since when do people who work in Game have any idea about anything.

Since when do people who work in Game have any idea about anything.

Very true, ive preordered from gamestation now because i work a 30 second walk away and wont be finished till 11pm..... thats what i'm telling myself anyway, makes me feel less of a geek knowing i'm not getting ready and going out just for a game ;)

I mentioned to the gamestation staff what the manager at game had said, they all looked at me gone out and then :rotfl:
1 of them even went as far as calling the game staff a bunch of muppets, that made me :rotfl:

I spoke to the manager at my local Game and asked the question and his response was it wasn't a big enough game to get a midnight release :rotfl:.

He is right though, how can a video game be worth a midnight launch (Especially a follow up to most overated game....ever) :smashin:

I asked in Game on Princes St, Edinburgh. She had heard of the game but asked "Whens that out then?" The Gamestation next door isn't doing one either :eek:

He is right though, how can a video game be worth a midnight launch (Especially a follow up to most overated game....ever) :smashin:

Your MOD status should be removed for such blasphemy :nono:

Gamestation Stafford have a poster in the shop window advertising Midnight Mayhem, with specific reference to an exclusive midnight launch code for an ingame Gold Hammerburst.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom