UK speaker advice 7.1.2 needed

whooshavf

Established Member
Reaction score
Denon X6500H, front left right Dali Oberon on-wall, front high left right Dali Alteco
Centre, side surround l/r, rear l/r and Sub araren old Kef KHT 3005.
Now I need recommendations - got my eye on a Dali E12 sub (bargain price)
But, I need new centre, and surrounds and rears, the difficulty is that due to room layout the surrounds must be on floor stands to bring them to ear height.
Quite fancy 5 Dali Fazon - but no stands for them
Anyone help, recommend or advise - looking at about £1,000 for the five
PS can't be too big, had to return a pair of Oberon 5 as they caused a "bit of a ruckus"
Mostly movies with some music . .

I would forget the Dali E12 sub. We can surely find better one for you depending how much you can spend on woofer and is there some size requirement or certain finish you want?

Can you fit Oberon Vokal for centre? If not, have you asked would any dealer sell you one On-Wall speaker individually? It was some serious brain fart from Dali not to offer those sold as each. So many people are looking slim good looking on-wall speakers all around.

There is stands for Fazon Mikros, but i assume the price is for one so 200£/pair which is too high..

Cheaper way would be to buy two pairs of Dali Spektor 1 (237 x 140 x 195 mm HxWxD) and then you can buy some generic stands which cost 50£/pair. White, black and walnut finishes. This model is basically identical to your Altecos (drivers and waveguide):

Stands are available in different height 500,600,750mm and white/black (matte or gloss).

320£ + 100£ = 420£ for 4 speakers and two pairs of stands!

OK - current idea is Dali Oberon Vokal Centre and 4 Oberon 1 for surround, but torn between Dali E12 and a BK Electronics P12-300SB-DF - might start another thread

Gone for BK Electronics P12-300SB-DF after scouring web for reviews and feedback, apparently much better than a bargain ex demo Dali E12 and its downfiring and can get in light oak to match decor in the room.
Oberon 1 for surround and rear, Oberon Vokal centre

Last edited:
All I can say is the BK Electronics P12-300SB-DF is awesome crisp, clean, deep, controlled full bass!
And big Kudos to Tom at BK - I had some mains hum on the sub when powered up - he sent me a magic black box power cable that fixed it.
The overall sound is fantastic, rich and clear - with the Dali Oberon 1 for surrounds and rears - the Oberon Vokal for centre, combined with my Oberon on-wall for front left right and Alteco C1 for front high left right

Please take a photo of the room especially where you say the rears have to be on stands as you'd be surprised at what solutions might be available which you hadn't thought about. The amp you should have the ability to work well even if you are compromising speaker position because of room contrasted

Perhaps I didn't explain well, the rear surrounds are on bookcases, roughly ear height and just behind listening position. The surrounds are on stands, slightly lower than ears about 4 ft in front - they are the Oberon 1. Oberon on wall, front left right are to either side and just behind TV, Oberon Vokal under TV, Alteco C-1 about 6ft high on step in walls around bay where the TV is stood

Now here's the funny thing, end of April) when I ordered my 4 Oberon 1's and my centre Vokal, would you believe (don't laugh) I actually ordered an Oberon Vokal, but was sent a Spektor Vokal! So I rang the guys at Richer Sounds, who were really apologetic and astounded - so the Spektor Vokal is packed to go back and the Oberon Vokal is on it's way to me. Ace customer service award for RS!

Now here's the funny thing, end of April) when I ordered my 4 Oberon 1's and my centre Vokal, would you believe (don't laugh) I actually ordered an Oberon Vokal, but was sent a Spektor Vokal! So I rang the guys at Richer Sounds, who were really apologetic and astounded - so the Spektor Vokal is packed to go back and the Oberon Vokal is on it's way to me. Ace customer service award for RS!
So the specktor vokal is now on it's way back? do you mean you only just realised you were sent the wrong centre speaker after nearly 4 months?

So the specktor vokal is now on it's way back? do you mean you only just realised you were sent the wrong centre speaker after nearly 4 months?
Oh Yes, can't fault Richer Sounds on their customer service! Noticed when I measured it, I know - how stupid can one be, my wife made me get rid of the packaging straight away too . . That helped the confusion.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom