Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

UK Sony kv21ls30 in the US

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by shaunashott, May 6, 2003.

1. shaunashott

shaunashott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a sony kv21ls30, i am thinking of moving to america and want to take my smaller tv with me.

apart from the power difference, would I be able to use that tv in the states?

It accepts ntsc signal but i dont know if that would help

so any help would be great

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,824
    It is very unlikely to work as a TV - ie, to receive broadcast transmissions using its tuner. Voltage differences aside (as you say) it will work as a monitor - ie, to show images and sound sourced from an external device, connected via Composite Video, SVideo, RGB or SCART (depending on what sockets it has) - such as a VCR, DVD player, Set top box etc. But note that SCART cables are peculiar to Europe - you won't find any in US stores. So, if your TV only has SCART sockets on it, gather up a selection of cables and adaptors before you leave.