Uk sammy s2 working in other parts of the world

sykotik

Distinguished Member
good afternoon ,
any one been aboard or know someone, who has used there Samsung s2 while board?

i may be going to work aboard ( USA , Europe and Asia for a while )

so, would i be able use my sim free UK Samsung galaxy s2 while in other country's?
would i just be able to buy a sim card (pay as you go ) from the country im in, and use it ?

and would i be right in saying apps like "Viber" and "what's app " would be ok to use as long as i have wifi ?

thanks

Dodgy_Geezer

Yep, Viber and WhatsApp will work fine over Wifi :smashin:

And yep, it'll work abroad providing it's SIM free you can just stick any local SIM in. Only caveat is that whilst in the US, you will need to use a SIM from a GSM network like T-Mobile or AT&T. And in the Far East, you won't be able to use it in Japan which has CDMA networks only.

:smashin:

sykotik

Distinguished Member

And yep, it'll work abroad providing it's SIM free you can just stick any local SIM in. Only caveat is that whilst in the US, you will need to use a SIM from a GSM network like T-Mobile or AT&T. And in the Far East, you won't be able to use it in Japan which has CDMA networks only.

thank you
i was looking on the tinternet and came across this https://www.worldsim.com/defaultuk.aspx
do you know if it will be any good or should i just stick to local sim's ?

Dodgy_Geezer

Not used World SIM before but it looks good if you're doing a lot of travelling in different countries. You could just load it up before you travel and then not worry about local SIMS and networks.

Also, not all local SIMs are cheap, especially in the Middle East, you get fleeced for calling back to the Blighty as the telco market is still monopolised.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Not used World SIM before but it looks good if you're doing a lot of travelling in different countries. You could just load it up before you travel and then not worry about local SIMS and networks.

Also, not all local SIMs are cheap, especially in the Middle East, you get fleeced for calling back to the Blighty as the telco market is still monopolised.

thanks for your advice "geezer" :smashin:
calling back home iv got loads of options Skype, viber ( to name a few ..)

it would just be nice for my family and friends if i had a number to get hold of me "if need be"

might look into the "world sim" a little bit more !

cheers

cheekyyumyum

Yep. dodgy geez has got it spot on mate! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom