UK Produced Scalar ?

tbrar

Standard Member
Reaction score
All,

RUMOR - I have no idea how it works technically or otherwise, I just thought I would share the info that ive come across for your input

I have just got wind of a range of three UK produced SCALERS that are imminent. Apparently produced in response to the continual issues with U.S High Quality products in adapting to PAL standards, ie HD Leeza, the KD PIO768P etc.

Ive also been told that the range have been designed by ex BBC techies, using BBC broadcast technology. Also may be of interest that they will incorporate Scart connectivity as an option.

I also have a price range for you all, £1200 to £3500, the latter being designed for high end projector systems.

Has anyone else heard of anything simalar? :D

Tony

Do you mean a scaler rather than a quantity (such as mass, length, or speed) that has magnitude, but not direction; distinguished from a vector, which has both magnitude and direction? (i.e. a scalar).

StooMonster

StooMonster... I like your style dude, but your huemoor is going way over my head..!

My favourite joke ever:

Q: What do you get if you cross an anopheles mosquito with a mountain goat?

A: Don't be silly, you can't cross a vector with a scaler.

Top joke. :rotfl:

Another quality post from NicolasB :clap:

StooMonster

Stoomonster,

Now really......youre obviously an intelligent man, please take a minute to think about it :-

Is looking at peoples threads, just to pick holes like a spelling mistake, really the best way to spend your leisure time ????????? :zonked:

Perhaps a better way would be, to go and count the colours a Pioneeer MXE can display!........

Know what I mean ???
:hiya:

.. just a joke Stoo !!! :p

Originally posted by tbrar
.. just a joke Stoo !!!
That's right, that's what my post was: a joke. :laugh:

Quite a funny one too; others seem to agree (from the posts above). :clown:

Can't say I've ever corrected anyone's spelling, punctuation, grammar or maths in a post -- but scalar (maths expression) versus scaler (video equipment) was irresistible for a humorous jibe.

If I wanted to critique your spelling there was much more to keep me busy; oddly though you've left these other errors in your post even after you edited your post and changed scalar to scaler throughout. :p

StooMonster

Tony,

There are plenty of scalers that cope well with SD PAL. I fail to see how anyone can comment on Piocard as it doesn't exist yet.
The HDL is a first in its ability to de-interlace hi-def1080i. It has issues with PAL but even with those it has it destroys the in bult processing in many many displays.

All competition is good though so we can but wait and see.

Gordon

Wahey! I've finally found another person who actually finds that joke funny!
:smashin:

I was beginning to think I was the only one. :(

Originally posted by NicolasB
My favourite joke ever:

Q: What do you get if you cross an anopheles mosquito with a mountain goat?

A: Don't be silly, you can't cross a vector with a scaler.

See? This forums is educating as well. I didn't know that meaning of the word 'vector'. Kind of ruined the timing for me, having to look 'vector' up to figure out what that mosquito is a vector. It's still funny with the bad timing :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom