1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Polk

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by HomeCinemaGuy, Aug 15, 2002.

1. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where I can buy some polk speakers in the uk espicially the RT600I ?

Thanks

Steve

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a look on Unbeatable they still have them for £412-00, which is a great saving of nearly £200-00. As you know I have these and they are great speakers. If you decide to get them go for the CS400 centre, beware this centre is big. The CS245 is a great speaker but can get left behind by the 600's.

:)

There is also Sound and Vision Bolton

Audiovision in Brighouse which are Polk Audio main dealers.

3. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great Thankx !!!

Ive heard from lots of people over the big river that polkaudio's speakers are great but havnt been able to find a dealer in the uk for ages. :cool:

BTW what you got powering yours ?

Me looky Now

Steve

4. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at the prices for these is the US. UK is getting ripped off again :(

Still hopefully getting them :cool:

Steve

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Denon 3801
    Even at US prices you are still saving about £100 if you get them from Unbeatable, think the store in Brighouse has them for nearly £600.

If you are near Wakefield come round I give you a demo.

:)

6. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive dropped Audiovision an email requested models and costs. Ive got my eye on the following:

RT600i
    RT800i
    RT1000i and the
    RT2000i

Which do you suggest ? I would love the 2000i but im wanna keep some cash aside for centre and surround unless you can persuade me a little :)

Also im looking at some speakers from Linn which have been getting rave reviews also. What do you think ?

I cant find any contact details for Sound and Vision in Bolton do you know it ?

Thanks for all your help

Steve

7. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From the demo I had between the RT600i and the RT800i the RT600i came out on top for me, they were more crisp and clear, the RT800i seemed a bit muffled.

Heard the RT2000i, but these have subs built in and to be honest I think you can do a hell of a lot better with 2xstand alone subs, plus you are talking silly money for these models.

As for Sound and Vision the last time I saw their ad was in one of the HC mags, that was a while ago.

Don't think you can go far wrong with the RT6000i IMO.

8. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot. These will look awesome in my soon to be HC room. My whafedales are good but they lack the edge. What can you expect for £130 ?

I'll have another look for Sound and Vison . I went onto Yell.com and Bolton has got a lot of sound and vision stores. do you know which part of bolton its in ?

Thanks Again

Steve

9. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's an old mag that I have so don't know if the number will be correct, 01204-707079 and 861861.

Don't think you will beat Unbeatable's price for the RT600i anywhere.

Good luck. :)

10. HomeCinemaGuy

HomeCinemaGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

I will call them tommorow. If they cant beat Unbeatables ( pun not intended ) price Ill order the 600i off UB very soon .

Im trusting you on this LOL. :clown:

Steve