UK Philips Pronto 950 or USA 3000

S

Schlammarama

I would love to get a new universal remote for my system - especially so that the wife can use it. However the UK 950 is about £200 and the USA 3000 I can get for 150 delivered all in. I know that the RF frequency is different, but initially I doubt that I will use that (plus could just buy a US extenda). I have a Panasonic ae500 projector, yamaha amp, normal sky and panasonic e85 dvd/hdd. Can I also use a UK dock on a usa pronto to save with a transformer etc. Does the fact that it is programmed for US devices actually make any difference. I would love to get a colour remote but can't justify the money just for a bit of memory and colour screen. Or should I stop being tight and buy the UK model. I just hate the fact that us Brits always get charged more than anyone else for the same thing.

bcopping

I just ordered one on ebay, should be getting in a couple of days!!

I like your thinking on the rechargeable batteries! was going to look into the docking station situation but you have made me think. what battery type does it take?

SimonO

Novice Member
The TSU3500 is out soon, it's the same as the TSU3000, but with a new 'brighter' screen, labeled and better responding hard buttons and a docking station included...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom