1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Philips Pronto 950 or USA 3000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Schlammarama, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Schlammarama

Schlammarama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to get a new universal remote for my system - especially so that the wife can use it. However the UK 950 is about £200 and the USA 3000 I can get for 150 delivered all in. I know that the RF frequency is different, but initially I doubt that I will use that (plus could just buy a US extenda). I have a Panasonic ae500 projector, yamaha amp, normal sky and panasonic e85 dvd/hdd. Can I also use a UK dock on a usa pronto to save with a transformer etc. Does the fact that it is programmed for US devices actually make any difference. I would love to get a colour remote but can't justify the money just for a bit of memory and colour screen. Or should I stop being tight and buy the UK model. I just hate the fact that us Brits always get charged more than anyone else for the same thing.

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I recently bought one of those 3000's from a US based ebay seller. No problems so far. Haven't tried the dock (plan to sell my old Pronto to finance the dock), but I don't anticipate any problems (although it's cheaper just to use recharable batteries instead. In fact, I might just do that).

3. bcopping

bcopping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I just ordered one on ebay, should be getting in a couple of days!!

I like your thinking on the rechargeable batteries! was going to look into the docking station situation but you have made me think. what battery type does it take?

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
  5. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    The TSU3500 is out soon, it's the same as the TSU3000, but with a new 'brighter' screen, labeled and better responding hard buttons and a docking station included...