UK Not Sanctioning Individuals

Some may remember this from JRM.

View attachment 1667713

Some may not be surprised to see the fact check on this.

View attachment 1667719

I didn't comment on this when it was initially posted in the Bozo Thread, but what I find striking is that a tiny country like the UK (and we are tiny, geographically speaking) can actually have a higher figure than an enormous country like America.

What does that tell you?

I didn't comment on this when it was initially posted in the Bozo Thread, but what I find striking is that a tiny country like the UK (and we are tiny, geographically speaking) can actually have a higher figure than an enormous country like America.

What does that tell you?
Difficult to say based on those figures.

What it does suggest is that the UK, more specifically London, has been very receptive to Russian money.

On a slight detour, the other country that the West isn't too friendly with, but seeks influence through significant foreign investment, is China.

The UK and the EU might have some questions to ask themselves.

This is useful reading. It essentially unpacks what we know, though it's always good to get a non-domestic view, not least to understand how we appear to those outside of the UK media bubble.

The UK government are weak. They'll lift the temporary sanctions as soon as Russians leave Ukraine. Sanctions and speeches do nothing, they're just temporary whilst innocent civilians are being slaughtered alive.. Why aren't armies sent to give humanitarian aid, not to fight.

Shared in the politics section too, but just as relevant here really.

I was listening to Bill B talking the other day about the history of UK government's complicity in allowing Russian money to flow in London for years. It's obviously no secret anymore how dirty it is, and how much of it we've welcomed.

When I talk about how we should be ashamed of how we've dealt with Russia, I'm talking historically as well.

I'm looking forward to reading Bill's two books.

Shared in the politics section too, but just as relevant here really.

I was listening to Bill B talking the other day about the history of UK government's complicity in allowing Russian money to flow in London for years. It's obviously no secret anymore how dirty it is, and how much of it we've welcomed.

When I talk about how we should be ashamed of how we've dealt with Russia, I'm talking historically as well.

I'm looking forward to reading Bill's two books.

I've read Red Notice, very good. Poacher turned Gamekeeper in some ways.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom