1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Mario Kart, US GC...

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by NeoBlade, Nov 14, 2003.

1. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys ^_^ VERY long time no see, shoutouts to the people who still remember me lol. Alas I have a lil' problem...

Not having much fun with this game as I hoped... As the thing won't run -_- Has anyone managed to get this game working on a US Gamecube with Freeloader? And if so what version?

I've got Freeloader 1.06b (EU) and all I get is a black screen... I've only got one other PAL game, Pikmin and that worked with no probs.

I've read a site that only Freeloader 1.04 will actually make Mario Kart run... If anyone else has anymore info it would be nice ^_^ I've pre-ordered the US version of the game anyway but I couldn't wait lol ^_^;;

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Hi Neo, just about remember you ;)

It will work with 1.06B and not 1.06b :(

I know what you mean about not being able to wait, I have the US one on order and been playing the Jap version.

maybe worth sending it back to datel for a swap out.

good luck

Guy

3. tonyeck

tonyeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard it wont work on that version either....

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gizlaroc! Very long time no see lol. How's you been? I would ask how things are on the forums since I've last been here but I could get done for not keeping on topic... ^_^;;

Yeah.. Looks like I need to trade in my Freeloader for the B version... But from a chart I looked at (lost the URL) only 1.04 will make Mario Kart run... Annoying. To ease the pain I'll just play the GT4 demo a little while cussing about what could have been...

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    I have been Ok mate cheers

not really been playing too much, only have my Cube set up at the moment.
    sold my MVS set up and NEC, although selling the MVS was a big mistake, really miss quick bursts on Pulstar and Last blade. And with snk vs capcom chaos out today and Samuri showdown V out in a month I think I could be about to blow my xmas money.
    Xbox has not been turned on for about 4 months, same with the PS2 (gradius V may bring it out).

More into playing old stuff than newer stuff, spent the last week trying to get the english patched Mana 3 (sd3) to work on a back up system so I can play it on the super famicom properly, got it to boot but it hangs just past the character select screen :mad: I WILL NOT FAIL !! :D

have a read on ntsc-uk.com forums to see about freeloader mate.

6. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hang on... You SOLD your MVS? No Pulsar? Samurai Showdown? If someone hasn't slapped you I will! lol Samurai Showdown IV was ace... Don't think I've played version V yet. I myself have been away from the gaming scene hence my lack of posts since... Er... Way back then ^_^;;

My Xbox is still alive but its been used for other reasons... GC is alive with F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe etc and PS2 is with Unlimited Saga, FFX-2 (Japanese but US version shall arrive soon.. Then the International version), Initial D, BoFV etc etc.

Trouble is I only have brief sessions so on the RPGs I hardly get anywhere, whereas on F-Zero its perfect for a quick race. Seiken Densetsu III :: Salutes :: Cracking game and really should be re-released on the GBA.

Having a look at the forums atm... Tried it and its no-go. Looks like I'll have to trade in my Freeloader for the B version and see what happens... IF that fails then I'm trading it in for Top Spin on the Xbox >_<

7. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    Hey Neoblade,

Hows it going!

I will allow you to go off topic this once :p

I am a little more patient for my Mario Kart, I have it on order from DVDBO and it should arrive next week.

8. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Now there is a man with faith ;)

I am still waiting for my snes copy of mariokart to arrive from dvdbo and I pre ordered that in 1990 :p

9. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    Yeah, sometimes their timescales are a little on the funny side, but I cannot fault them I never get charged import tax, and I am happy to put up with the lengthy delivery for the cheapness of it all :)

10. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3