(UK) Marantz SR 7300 - still have problems?

L

Lensman

I've been looking to buy one of the Marants SR 7300 A/V recievers since I read about them late last year. And given I've finally got the cash going spare and QED are selling them for under 500 quid I was going to pick one up..

... Then I read the threads on here about problems with them - in particular the high-pitched hiss that can be heard when using certain sources.

So question ..
1) Does this problem still exist on current models, or have they managed to fix it yet?
2) Assuming it does still exist - just how bad is it? Should I forget abou the Marantz and look for something else instead?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

There are other problems?

If it hadn't been for the high pitched sound I would still have my SR7300.

It isn't that bad, normally it can't be heard from listening position, but once you know it's there it can be very annoying. I couldn't live with it.

I have no idea whether they have fixed or even acknowledged the problem in the UK. Try giving Marantz a call and ask them.

If it was a local dealer I would say go ahead and buy, but as you are ordering online I would make 100% sure you can return the receiver if it exhibits the problem.

I ordered from Home Cinema Heaven who told me my receiver was fine when I returned it.... It's a long, complicated story that did not end well for me.

If you can find a SR7300 without the problem I think it is very good buy at £500. Other options you might want to consider are the Yam 630, Pioneer 1011, Nad 752 and Sony 1080 or even the Marantz 5/6300.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom