Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

UK Live users can you check something

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Dom H, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go into the dashboard, click on the network settings and then connect. After it's connected hit Y.

Alot of british users say they're dropping packets (says something like 12/16)

Mine always drops a few on Live but the PC doesn't, anyone else's do this?

I never get any lag atall on Live and can host largish games.

2. Maff UK

Maff UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine says 20/20 which I presume means that I'm not dropping a packet at all.

However, what puzzles me is the upload and download speeds listed... I'm on a 1024/256 Telewest cable connection so would expect the upload speed to be listed as a quarter of the download speed. Instead it's ridiculously different 2500k download and 111k upload... There's something funny going on there...

Of course, that might explain why when RTCW automatically detects my connection speed it tries to limit me to 4 users, when I can actually hold 8 fine...

Curiouser and curiouser...

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    On mine my packets are 20/23 with DL of 550 and UL of 220, I can host 8 players on GR no problem and 10 player on sof2 (havent tried 12 player yet) But when the games detect my connection they say i can only handle 4 players (GR) or 6 players (sof2)

4. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the dl/ul speeds are very innacurate apparently.