UK Launch Lineup?

tripodjw

Novice Member
Assuming a March launch, I would guess Motorstorm (US/EU version) will be part of launchline up as will Heavenly Sword. Plus whatever else comes out between now and then in the US.

Unlikely to see MGS for UK launch unless UK launch is delayed til very late 2007, as Hideo said a few months ago MGS4 is going to be a late 2007 release.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Would hope that Heavenly Sword comes out for the Euro launch, that's the main title I would buy (maybe Resistance too).

D

Deleted member 65413

Yeah, heavenly sword would be great for launch.

Y

yorkshire_boy

I got a feeling heavenly sword won't make it, not sure why....just a hunch!

Call of Duty 3,
EA Sports
Resistance
Motorstorm
Fight Night R3
NFS Carbon
Oblivion

I'd think the above would probably be certainties?

norealplan

I got a feeling heavenly sword won't make it, not sure why....just a hunch!

Call of Duty 3,
EA Sports
Resistance
Motorstorm
Fight Night R3
NFS Carbon
Oblivion

I'd think the above would probably be certainties?

I'd agree with them, maybe F.E.A.R, Tony Hawks, Singstar and Formula 1 too?

jamiey

Singstar would be great.

Wireless microphones would remove the trip hazard that we always have when a big sing star sesh is in progress.

Dave2

norealplan

Ubisoft has revealed that they’ll have five games ready for the European launch of the PlayStation 3 in March 2007.

The games are: Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

http://www.psu.com/node/6471

Moogle

Novice Member
Ubisoft has revealed that they’ll have five games ready for the European launch of the PlayStation 3 in March 2007.

The games are: Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

http://www.psu.com/node/6471

The funny thing is that four of those games are already available on the 360 with the fifth being a sequel to a game already available on the 360. :D

antilles

Novice Member
The funny thing is that four of those games are already available on the 360 with the fifth being a sequel to a game already available on the 360. :D

that's what i was thinking.....i can't believe that so many are getting excited about crap like FEAR and Blazing Angels.....:rotfl:

'scuse me while i go back to TDU, GOW and watching the latest Halo3 vid-doc!!!!:clap:

psikey

Distinguished Member

Yes, but it will be nice to play them without the "wind-tunnel" affects :smashin:

The subtle elements in surround sound such as echos, distance noises etc. are lost with the 360 helicopter noise level. Walking throught the tunnels in RFOM with distant leaper noises or footsteps adds so much more to the atmosphere.

Said it before, If they could make the 360 quiet I would consider it again for certain. My game playing generally occurs late night when kids are in bed & wife has finished watching TV. Can't have my system turned-up loud to drown out the fan noise.

Moogle

Novice Member
Yes, but it will be nice to play them without the "wind-tunnel" affects :smashin:

The subtle elements in surround sound such as echos, distance noises etc. are lost with the 360 helicopter noise level. Walking throught the tunnels in RFOM with distant leaper noises or footsteps adds so much more to the atmosphere.

Said it before, If they could make the 360 quiet I would consider it again for certain. My game playing generally occurs late night when kids are in bed & wife has finished watching TV. Can't have my system turned-up loud to drown out the fan noise.

Fair enough. I think the point I was really trying to make though is that a lot of the early games are just ports of existing games on other systems. Ubisoft is particularly guilty of this on both the PS3 and the Wii. Their way of making extra money and cashing in on new system launches without too much extra investment. A cop-out if you ask me.

antilles

Novice Member

Strange.....my 360 isn't noisy at all.:) I do a lot of late night gaming and my 360 is connected ONLY to my Pioneer 7.1 amp....i have to turn it down extremely low to avoid disturbing the family, but never have i had to turn up the sound to compensate for any fan noise.:smashin:
The point i was, rather childishly:oops: , making was that the line up of games for PS3 look very sad at the mo. Most of the titles have either a number or HD at the end.....my concern is the mandatory lack of originality that seems to be Sony's mission statement.
I'll give it a year and see what's out. Until then, i'll be watching....and probably criticizing...

Happy gaming

Anotherlimey

Distinguished Member

Wind tunnel?:rotfl:

Helicopter noise? :rolleyes:

Yes the machine is noisey but so noisey you cant hear subtle effects in games?

Dont be silly :rolleyes:

Widge

The point i was, rather childishly:oops: , making was that the line up of games for PS3 look very sad at the mo.

Quite true, but then again I've not seen a launch line-up to date that hasn't been pretty dire.

I think PS2 had a high point of a firework simulator and a demo of MGS2 that got bundled with the oh so short Zone Of The Enders. The 360 line-up was pretty much ported content vs amazingly average games. The same repeats throughout history really. It takes time (and usually a year like you say) for things to wind up and for software houses to decide to put the big titles out.

Natch if Square (although being part owned by Sony so unlikely) defect to 360 with a choice Final Fantasy, then I'd defect. Also its a shame that some CEO at MS said that there is no possibility of a 360 with integrated HD-DVD. I think that is a massive shame! Absolutely no way I want to have some bloody dongle coming out of my console. The same goes for Sony if they decide they want to start having cables coming out of their beast. Keep it in one box please.

Still Halo3 multiplayer could tempt me, I've always liked my Halo, although I'm more than stuck into DoD:Source on the PC which has kicked Halo 2 as my #1 multiplayer experience.

Sony will sort themselves out as per usual, I remember the dismay @ the ugly black beast that was the PS2... I'll always buy whatever has the games I want to play on. I picked up an xbox with 5 games for £64 a couple of years back, and I'll probably wait for the good old price dives to do the same!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett