UK - How to update firmware for vizio sb36512-f6

DaynaL

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've just purchased my Vizio sb36512-f6 soundbar and set it up last night, looks and sounds great! I've downloaded the SmartCast app and tried to update the firmware, but it prompts to go to the website 'https://www.vizioaudio.uk/downloads/' which isn't set up yet, and none of the Vizio sites seem to work - just returns some XML.

I'm currently on version 1.3.1.1 and would like to update the firmware to the latest stable release. How do I download this, please? None of the sites work, and the UK site it navigates to doesn't seem to exist yet.

Many thanks for the help!
Dayna

I’m searching for an answer to exactly this. There doesn’t seem to be any way of updating Vizio firmware in the UK currently. Danya - if you find an answer, please post it here! I’ll do the same if I have any luck.

Have you had any A/V sync issues?

No sync issues that I've noticed so far. Sadly not, I have the same question asked on Reddit and someone there is having the same problem.

They have a support ticket and apparently it will be released in the UK soon and should auto update.

‘Soon’ by Vizio standards though eh 😬

Is your AV delay set to zero on all devices/streaming apps you use?

It is, yes, I haven't changed it on any device.

I am connected via ARC to soundbar, then all other devices bar xbox are HDMI to the TV if that helps.

Hi @DaynaL. The supplier I purchased from has just emailed me instructions on how to download and install the latest firmware. Yet to try it out, but thought you’d want to check it out. Will DM you.

Hi @DaynaL. The supplier I purchased from has just emailed me instructions on how to download and install the latest firmware. Yet to try it out, but thought you’d want to check it out. Will DM you.
Hi @Mattenroe looking for exactly the same solution. If you could DM me the instructions that would be much appreciated

After alot of trial and error to get this sb36512-f6 soundbar connected to smartCast app, i was able to connect it to the smartcast app but only on iOS app, and not on my primary android phone with its google play app. Once i got it recognized on the iOS app, it gave me a page that says that an update was detected and I was given the option to update to latest firmware. Once I selected that, the soundbar verballly notifiied me that it was getting the latest update and also that it said that it was updating the soundbar and that it wuold take at least up to 10 minutes. When it wasy finished, my soundbar spoke 'update complete'. I left the iOS app open the entire time as it gives me a spinning loader and a percentage of when its completed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom