UK - How to update firmware for vizio sb36512-f6

DaynaL

Novice Member
Hello All,

I've just purchased my Vizio sb36512-f6 soundbar and set it up last night, looks and sounds great! I've downloaded the SmartCast app and tried to update the firmware, but it prompts to go to the website 'https://www.vizioaudio.uk/downloads/' which isn't set up yet, and none of the Vizio sites seem to work - just returns some XML.

I'm currently on version 1.3.1.1 and would like to update the firmware to the latest stable release. How do I download this, please? None of the sites work, and the UK site it navigates to doesn't seem to exist yet.

Many thanks for the help!
Dayna

Mattenroe

Novice Member
I’m searching for an answer to exactly this. There doesn’t seem to be any way of updating Vizio firmware in the UK currently. Danya - if you find an answer, please post it here! I’ll do the same if I have any luck.

Have you had any A/V sync issues?

DaynaL

Novice Member
No sync issues that I've noticed so far. Sadly not, I have the same question asked on Reddit and someone there is having the same problem.

They have a support ticket and apparently it will be released in the UK soon and should auto update.

Mattenroe

Novice Member
‘Soon’ by Vizio standards though eh 😬

Is your AV delay set to zero on all devices/streaming apps you use?

DaynaL

Novice Member
It is, yes, I haven't changed it on any device.

I am connected via ARC to soundbar, then all other devices bar xbox are HDMI to the TV if that helps.

Mattenroe

Novice Member
Hi @DaynaL. The supplier I purchased from has just emailed me instructions on how to download and install the latest firmware. Yet to try it out, but thought you’d want to check it out. Will DM you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom