1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Home Cinema Shows

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Lone Granger, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Lone Granger

Lone Granger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    What are the next good UK shows - I have a feeling there is usually one or two at same time as STUFF next weekend , in London?

2. Lone Granger

Lone Granger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Stunning - nobody knows when the shows are ??! :lease:

3. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check out the UVEM thread above, phil says he is attending a show soon at the novotel, hammersmith ??? i think too lazy to look up.

4. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry missed it, it was this weekend sorry !

5. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Novotell Stuff show was quite mediocre. Nothing really interesting.

6. speedyuk

speedyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't agree more Branxx.
    I was going to email what hifi & complain. £10 for that was taking the proverbial :(. That & the fact we travelled from the midlands to it. We go most years to Bristol in Feb which is an excellent show.
    When we booked our ticket we were told it would be split in to 2 time slots 9-1 & 2-6 on the Sunday. We weren't best pleased with this but not much you can do. We got there at 1. No queue & were told we could go straight in what the fudge. Grrrrrr. If that was the case we'd have got there a bit earlier.
    The show itself apart from seeing bluray for the first time & seeing the new Acoustic Energy speakers albeit in the Fujitsu room. That was it.
    What a pile of pants. We won't be going again. Oh & it took us about 2ish hours to get round everything.
    Not happy bunnies were we.
    It was more Stuff Magazine than anything.
    As for the Demos err what demoos. The Sony blueray took all of 5 mins. Arcam dem wasn't anything to shout about.
    Who wants to listen to a system that had 14 power amps & sounded to sterile for me.
    On a positive not i did see the new Sharp 45" Hi Def LCD & new Pioneer plasmas. Colours looked stunning, truly stunning.
    but other than that, it was pants :(
    What HIFI you truly boobed on this show. I do hope Februarys Bristol show will be as good if not better as they normally are.