1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Gamecube S-Video??

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Drunken Master, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've probably missed the thread but can you convert a UK cube to S-video??

I have an old N64 s-video lead

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think S-Video is supported for UK Gamecubes... I can't confirm this though since I have an import console. However I have seen Gamecube S-Video cables about so you might as well try it. BTW SNES/N64 S-Video cables are the same, and indeed so are the RGB cables. Chances are it would work with no problems.

Oddly enough though while I received an image on my import gamecube via an RGB cable (NTSC GC's don't support RGB unless a modified cable is used...) I only had audio on the left channel. Doesn't bother me though since I'm currently using an S-Video lead and component.

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    My understanding is that S-Video doesn't work on PAL gamecubes and that the cables that you see labelled Gamecube S-Video are in fact N64 cables and they don't work.

Neither will third party RGB cables work. Your only options are the supplied composite lead, a Nintendo RGB lead (this is what I have) or some sort of component lead shenanigans (I haven't really investigated this as my TV doesn't have component in.

There are a couple of threads from about launch time that cover this in more detail on this board.

Andy

4. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is definitley no S-VHS support on the Gamecube,the leads that can be bought were apparently made before the cubes release on the understanding that it would be S-VHS compliant but it ain't.