1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Gamecube - need to send sound to my amp

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by zamwessell, Jul 11, 2004.

1. zamwessell

zamwessell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I have a UK Gamecube with the official Nintendo scart lead.

I need to get the sound to my amp...my tv phono out is rubbish...i was feeding it through my VCR but i have sold the VCR.

I have seen various third party leads but from experience i think the official Nintendo RGB lead is the only lead that gives 'true' RGB.

I will be upgrading to a plasma/LCD/projector in the future so a component cable with audio connection would be an option.

Please help.

2. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use the Gamecube RGB Scart Cable from GAME (£9.99) which also has stereo phono connectors coming off it allowing direct connection to an amp.

I'm sure it does allow RGB as I have my JVC TV set to RGB on scart 1 and usually if you connect anything that isn't RGB into it you get a black/white picture.

I'm fairly fussy and IMO the picture is perfect and the sound through to my amp is perfect aswell using the GAME cable.

Someone in another discussion said they couldn't find this cable on GAMEs website - I just picked it up in my highstreet GAME store.

Hope this helps

3. zamwessell

zamwessell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Thanks mate.

I will pop into Game when i get chance.

I saw a preview of Resident Evil 4 and that was when i knew i have to get the surround sound back up.

4. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Your best option, if you're upgrading to plasma or a projector, would be to get the component cable, and have a bog standard composite cable for the sound (just don't use the video connection). That's what I've got, and it's darn fine!