UK DENON 3800/A1 owners unite !!

M

MRJAZZ

@ all DENON 3800, and A1 owners

Call this number 01753 888 447 (Hayden Lab. aka Denon UK)

That's the number for switch board. (a female operator will answer). Ask her to put you through to 'technical support'.

Once you're through to tech support, ask for a guy named Keith or Roger Batchelor.
He is probably the only one we have to deal with for chroma bug fix firmware for both 3800, and A1. (UK version).

Talk to him!
Demand him of the firmware fix!
Tell him how good Denon U.S. and Asia supports their customers!
Ask him why the firmware fix is available everywhere but Europe!
(He knows the fix is available in Asia, and U.S.)

Let's do it !

I'll start first.

Wow, it was pretty nice to talk to a person who seems to know what he's talking about.

1. He knew about this famous article about chroma upsampling errors.

2. He knew DenonJeff who is product manger in DENON USA.

3. He knew www.avsforum.com , and according to him, he regulary visit the forum. I told him about this UK based forum.

4. Unfortunately, he thinks chroma bug present in 3800, and A1 is very mild that unless majority of users are with big screens such as front projectors, it is not a big of a deal. (yeah, I know....)

5. He said the firmware fix is going to be available...only he does not know when.
It's been almost 4 months since firmware fix has been available from Denon Japan, god damn it!!!!

Tell him how mad UK/Europe customers are about the non-availability of chroma fix + support !!!

Another UPDATE !!

I've just talked to a very nice gentleman called Roger Batchelor. (He is definitely in higher position than Keith).

He actually knows what he's talking about. (recent CEDIA announcements etc..) - very informed.

Well.. according to him, the firmware fix is going to be available within about 4 weeks time. This is not the same firmware fix as U.S one which fixes only chroma upsampling error. He said the new firmware also fixes minor errors, and improves stability/peformance of the Denons.

I bought this matter to their attention 3 months ago and spoke to both Keith and Roger. Got little joy then really. They were pleasant enough and in fact Roger batchelor then thought a chroma fix was a short time away and they would call me when they had more news. I am still waiting...

They need to realise that it is not merely a few difficult consumers "whining" and being "nit picky" about Denon's high end products and sort their customer service out. The Denon DVDA1 is £2500 for goodness sake!

At the end of the day, these players have bugs that need fixing: The chroma error, the overheating and freezing, and the denon link being inoperative to the majority of DVD Audio titles. I would argue any one of these bugs is a valid reason to return a player and get a replacement that works properly. I think people have been patient enough, especially after the saga with the 2800.

Regards.

GOOD.

Edgeyboy, that's the whole point.

Call them everyone! More people call & complain, the better !

Originally posted by MRJAZZ
@ all DENON 3800, and A1 owners
Call this number 01753 888 447 (Hayden Lab. aka Denon UK)
Let's do it !

After this Telephone : 08457 90 90 90
The Samaritans
24 Hour Support For People Who Are Suicidal Or Despairing.

well I am 16 credit card digits away from ordering a 3800, am pausing to see what firmware version is available when - -

am worried that ringing them will

A) annoy them
B) delay them from working on the firmware fix....

Originally posted by Bonesy
am worried that ringing them will
A) annoy them
B) delay them from working on the firmware fix....

I'm wondering....
Does Hayden have any input with this, wouldn't it be resolved by engineers in Japan and / or China ?
I guess it may well annoy them !

Called today and Keith and Roger are out and about at the Manchester show meeting and greeting the public.

I, for one, will be collaring them on their stand and would suggest anyone else do the same.

Regards,
Ian Guinan

That's the spirit, Ian !

Come on 3800 owners, we need some cooperation, here.

In the end, you're the ones who will benefit from the firmware fix.

P.S. Ian, that's right. I forgot to mention it. Roger told me there'd be an exhibition in Manchester this Saturday. (showing off DVD-A1 paired with a Barco front projector.)
Monday will be the day!

I'll give them a call on Monday.

As for the firmware, that's BS.
The firmware fix is already available. All they have to do is ask Japan for the firmware. Japanese engineers are the ones who've made the firmware fix. :rolleyes:

I'll give Keith and Roger a copy of the Australian files..should be interesting! (well they did say they had been waiting for them to come..maybe they can test them :D )

Regards,
Ian Guinan

hello fellow sufferers I too will be going to the manchester show on saturday around 11 am i will be the handsome but overweight one barrating and hassleing and make my feelings known .My dealer has a meeting with a "david" head of uk sales setup for sunday to tell him to get his finger out on all the firmware multi region chroma, pal prog as he reckons hes losing lots of sales due to the fact he cant get multi region at the least.

lets all turn up and give them hell its gotta be worth the £3 entry fee just to do it renaiseance ( howeverr u spell it) hotel deansgate manchester. saturday through sunday 10 till 6 .

I'm feeling a bit malevolent towards Hayden with their lack of response re. the chroma bug fix for the 3800.

How about we have a whip round for all the disaffected 3800 owners to put up the money for a DVD-3800 'sacrifice'.

Whilst I wouldn't test out this new firmware blindly on my own 3800 due to the risk of 'toasting' it, we could spread the risk amongst ourselves. By publicly declaring a cash sum each, one of us could try out the firmware in the knowledge that the rest of us would stump up the cash to buy a replacement. Anyone who tried to back out would risk public humiliation and pariah status!

If it works..hey, great we all benefit.

If not then I propose that donors to the 'Let's Sacrifice a Denon DVD-3800' Fund would be able to suggest what happened to the destroyed machine. My own personal proposal would be to set fire to it outside Hayden HQ with the gentlemen from all of the UK's hifi and AV press present! I'm sure you each have your own ideas.......

Let's give them 2 more weeks and make sure they know what we're going to do:devil:

Regards,
Ian Guinan
(not entirely joking.....)

No idea....less than there would be if the DVD-3800 was multi region, PAL progressive and chroma bug free though...

Ian Guinan

Originally posted by ian_guinan
I'm feeling a bit malevolent towards Hayden with their lack of response re. the chroma bug fix for the 3800.
My own personal proposal would be to set fire to it outside Hayden HQ :devil: (not entirely joking.....)

How about inside Hayden HQ instead, totally destroying the place.

( erm.....entirely joking :D )

zcaps57,

yes.. please give them a call on Monday.

Ian,
I whole heartedly agree.

:mad: :mad:

I LOVE THIS FORUM !!!! :D

Gentlemen,

Should we post this thread over in AVS Forum as well ??
like....

"Europe, UK DENON 3800, A1 users unite !!!!"

If we can get the thread going from many Europe+UK people's cooperation, then I believe there's a very good chance our complaint(Denon UK's lack of support) will reach Japan.
If this happens, I'm sure Hayden Lab will act promptly.
(Also there's a 'Special 3800' thread going on over at AVS for Denon Engineers to read.)
Also...Roger and Keith routinely visit AVS forum, too. :cool:

DVD and LD Hardware - AVS Forum

I think if this succeed, service from DENON UK/Europe will be definately improved. - Yeah.. there might be a guy like DenonJeff for our Europe/UK people in the near future.

What do you think ??

(If we could get the thread 'sticky', it'd be even better!)

Does anyone have any ID in AVS ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom