uk.bol.com - a warning

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Squirrel God, May 24, 2002.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always found these guys to be relatively expensive (particularly their postal charges). However, sometimes they send me a £5 voucher every now and then and when I use this, the final cost can then sometimes be a little bit cheaper than rivals.

However, a recent order I placed was not delivered. When I contacted them, I received this reply

"As this order was dispatched some time ago and doesn't seem to have reached you we will have to assume it has gone astray and will await its return into our warehouse. In the meantime, if you require a replacement please provide an alternative address for us to send it to where there will be someone available to receive it. Unfortunately, in the case of orders going astray we cannot dispatch replacement parcels to the same address."

Am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? :mad:

I have ordered several times from them in the past so why must they immediately assume that there is something wrong with my delivery address? Even my bank would not force me to use a different delivery address if my cheque book had failed to arrive!

I'm so annoyed I have asked for a refund and have decided I won't be using them again (no great loss to me anyway).

Support/disagreement welcomed ....

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Maybe they´d like to pay for you to move house so they can deliver the disc.:p

Does seem a bit stupid, its floating about in the postal system somewhere or some git has had it away. Dont reckon they´ll receive it back again somehow!!

3. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its totally ridiculous squirell, you are right to withdraw your custom.
    i have had a couple of dvds go missing on their way from play and they sent replacements straight away no questions asked.

as jase mentioned, with our pathetic postal service you are lucky if the address on the envelope corresponds with where it is delivered in any case

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Squirrel,

Did you make the purchase on your credit card? If so you may find that they will cover your loss.

At least we now know what Bol stands for: BOL locks!

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your support guys :)

Yes I paid by credit card, I always do :) I have particular cover on Internet purchases with my credit card, so whatever I order, they will always cover me, no matter how small the sum. But I'm sure bol.com will cough up...

The purchase was not a DVD, it was a book. But I posted it here because their procedure is the same for all purchases, and I was so shocked that I thought others should know about this in case they decide to order DVDs from them.

Incidentally.....

Book cost: £4.89 (a small paperback novel)
    Postage: £2.95 (the words "rip" and "off" come to mind - that's for first class post!!)
    Voucher: -£5.00

Total: £2.84

A handsome sum that I'm sure bol.com are losing sleep over (even if I'm not)! I have always received everything that play.com and cd-wow have sent me so far (and I should say that's a substantial number of orders in both cases!). A couple of amazon orders went missing, but amazon immediately shipped replacements or offered me a refund, no matter how large the order was (one was an order for £60 odd quid and amazon didn't bat an eyelid or argue with me - "sorry you didn't receive it sir, we'll dispatch another one immediately").

Now, I hate to think what BOL might be like if the order was for a more substantial sum........

Oh, and at £2.95 for postage, I think recorded delivery should be included - especially as it costs a mere 60p odd more. Then they might not need to ask for an alternative address.

The tone of their email actually makes me feel like they are implying something deceitful on my part.

"As this order was dispatched some time ago and doesn't seem to have reached you we will have to assume it has gone astray and will await its return into our warehouse."

Isn't that just plain rude??? :mad: Something makes me think BOL don't trust their customers ......

BTW, nice expansion of their acronym Lex! :D