UK Blu-ray prices slashed for Easter

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
The cost of Blu-ray came crashing down this weekend as DSG slashed the price of the Samsung BDP-1000 Blu-ray player to just 350 pounds. The dramatic price-cut puts the 1080p BD machine head to head with Toshiba's recently reduced 1080i HD DVD format HD-E1. The limited offer runs through Easter Monday, at all branches of [...]
More...

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Sounds like BR is going for the jugular.
Either that or sales figures are horrendously bad :rolleyes:

KenB2

Interesting,

I wonder what price point the reworked 1st gen Panasonic will come in at now - that's the unit I've been keeping an eye on.

Ken B.

pal

Novice Member
Interesting,

I wonder what price point the reworked 1st gen Panasonic will come in at now - that's the unit I've been keeping an eye on.

Ken B.

Some talk on the Blue ray forum on this site that it is £650.

Canary_Jules

Sounds like BR is going for the jugular.
Either that or sales figures are horrendously bad :rolleyes:

Erm, with the Samsung 1st gen player? I think it's the second option. I keep tabs with the staff at my local Richer's and they have hardly sold any of the Samsungs. The good thing about the price drop on the Samsung may be, however, that 2nd hand prices of these units are slashed too. Might pick up a real cheap one on Ebay.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I totally agree, it's the second option.
I was just trying to be diplomatic :)

Erm, with the Samsung 1st gen player? I think it's the second option. I keep tabs with the staff at my local Richer's and they have hardly sold any of the Samsungs. The good thing about the price drop on the Samsung may be, however, that 2nd hand prices of these units are slashed too. Might pick up a real cheap one on Ebay.

But if you check Richers website, they are very hard to come by...:confused:
In fact, here's a link to their total stock. I went into the shop in Guildford a few months ago and they had them stacked to the ceiling...

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Dixons were selling the Samsung for £339 online (with a £10 off voucher code) over easter and £349.99 instore.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom