Question UK aerial coax cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a standard UK aerial coaxial cable (from TV to wall socket).
requirements are 3 meter in length and with right angled connectors (preferrably at both ends).

any recommendations for a reliable supplier? i've seen a few on amazon etc, but reviews are variable with some saying the quality of cables to be poor.

Make your own ? 3m x WF100 cable, 2 x F-connector, 2 x Right Angle connectors. Cost, under £10

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd rather just buy one. i wouldn't be F-connectors anyway.

Good luck. I always custom make for my installs for the very reason you listed. Why invest in quality internal cabling and terminate the last 3m in mediocrity?

Something like this? https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/...-a-p-p-white-4m/dp/AP01716?st=tv aerial leads

CPC have always been reliable for products and the Pro-signal range are generally fine and well built.

As these cables rarely get moved and only carry a reasonably robust digital signal these days, I would not be spending a fortune on it, unless I was putting it into a wall and there was the possibility of damage during installation use. In that case, I would go with a cable and self termination kit and leave something of a service loop at both ends.

Good luck. I always custom make for my installs for the very reason you listed. Why invest in quality internal cabling and terminate the last 3m in mediocrity?

i haven't invested anything in quality internal cabling. and the reason i asking for recommendation on pre-made cables is specifically to avoid mediocrity - thanks for you useless input though

i haven't invested anything in quality internal cabling. and the reason i asking for recommendation on pre-made cables is specifically to avoid mediocrity - thanks for you useless input though
You are most welcome. But it isn’t me who has to ask a bunch of complete strangers trivial questions about basic domestic cables. At least it was only my comments that were useless..... have a nice day.

You are most welcome. But it isn’t me who has to ask a bunch of complete strangers trivial questions about basic domestic cables. At least it was only my comments that were useless..... have a nice day.

it is you that responds to them though, isn't that you just wastiing your own time? seems to say more about you than anything else.

and forgive me for thinking this was a community forum where people could ask any range of questions, be it trivial or not.

a suggestion, if you don't want yout time wasted answering (or not) trivial questions about basic domestic cables from complete strangers then maybe you should use your time elsewhere. i could offer you a few suggestions should you require.

my days are always nice, but thanks for caring.

Make your own ? 3m x WF100 cable, 2 x F-connector, 2 x Right Angle connectors. Cost, under £10

Totally agree, Us F connectors and belling lee converters if needed, All quality kit these days use f connectors. This includes the best aerial for most (log periodics),

i'd rather just buy one. i wouldn't be F-connectors anyway.

Why Belling lee connectors are ancient and are crap match to 75 ohm coax, And the do not fall out of the push fit sockets.

WF100 is the ideal cable for both Freeview and satellite,

All decent terrestrial kit including amplifiers, splitters and aerial no use F connectors.

When combined with double screened WF 100 cable are immune to HDMI cabling having problems with rf radiation in the UHF band causing issues with crap qualiity coax interconnects,.

Why Belling lee connectors are ancient and are crap match to 75 ohm coax, And the do not fall out of the push fit sockets.

why? because neither my TV nor aerial socket on the wall have f-connectors.
i can buy a pre-made cable with the correct connectors.

i have no desire to make my own cable, not add convertors to any cable to turn it into the connectors i need.

Its probably the lowest quality option when it comes to TV signal reception.
Get the one from Amazon. It will be fine. The reviews are from people expecting miracles.

regardless of the cable quality, the end points would still need to be "belling lee" connectors anyway, and it's only Freeview so it's hardly high quality in the first place.

why? because neither my TV nor aerial socket on the wall have f-connectors.
i can buy a pre-made cable with the correct connectors.

i have no desire to make my own cable, not add convertors to any cable to turn it into the connectors i need.

More fool you

The Bellin lee connector was designed to copy with RF frequencies way below the IHF band and the satellite IF frequencies higher than the UHF band

It dates baclk to 1922.

t was invented at Belling & Lee Ltd in Enfield, United Kingdom[a] around 1922 at the time of the first BBC broadcasts. Originally intended for use only at MF frequencies (up to 1.6 MHz) when adopted for Television they were used for frequencies as high as 957 MHz. Belling Lee Limited still exists as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dialight, since 1992.[2]

Suggest you stop wasting our time. All the connections in my extensive setup use f connectors.

Where converters are needed, They are much hiigher quality than the cheap Belling Lee ones, that are usually incorrectly fitted/.

High quality triax masthead amplifier kit

Do you see any Belling lee connectors

etc etc

Stop wasting our time.

It;'s really simple to make up your own using high quality cable. It will perform much better than any expensive cable you buy.

Yo have no idea as to the performance of the cable used.

WF100 cable specs

If you want the best aerial for most it uses F connectors

the best for most

Why did you ask if you have such stupid ideas in the first place.

Clearly you haven't a clue.

If you can't be bothered to listen to advice based on actual experience, stop wasting our time,

regardless of the cable quality, the end points would still need to be "belling lee" connectors anyway, and it's only Freeview so it's hardly high quality in the first place.

The problem is the cheap alumiiuium Belling Lee connectors are rubbish. They need soldering. F adaptors are way more robust and grip tightly They also work reliably where DC power is required to remotely power other kit.

If you can't be bothered to listen to advice based on actual experience, stop wasting our time,

stop wasting your own time.
i said i want to buy a premade cable, i don't want to make my own. i didn't ask for advice on how to make a cable.

are you incapable of reading a post?
why are you wasting your own time posting stuff that i didn't ask for? then you border into personal insults and attacks, does that make you feel like the big man?

This has gotten a bit tetchy. Something as simple a aerial cable shouldn't require this sort of time an effort.
It's amusing to read though.

i agree.
it seems this forum has people that can't simply just answer the question posed, they have to give an answer to a question that wasn't asked, and force that opinion when it isn't sought out.

it was answered in post 5, yet we have 2 members that seem to their own agenda they want to push.

thanks for you useless input though
it is you that responds to them though, isn't that you just wastiing your own time? seems to say more about you than anything else.
I suggest a less confrontational approach when asking the community for advice. You asked a simple question and were given a simple answer. That YOU decided to dismiss and deride that advice in the first instance, is what has set the tone for the withering responses in return. If you cannot be polite and courteous, don't post.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom