Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

UHF to TV/DVDR - Wirelessly

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by busterdan, Dec 24, 2004.

1. busterdan

busterdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all...

About a year ago I tried a video sender unit but wasn't really very impressed....sending a signal from downstairs to upstairs at home (no more than....10 metres I guess) gave a really poor picture. :(

Now I want to swap things around a bit so that I can receive a UHF signal downstairs at my TV which is currently only fed by digital cable....this so that I can still record on my DVD Recording using Cable RGB IN... or use VideoPlus to record the UHF channels (whilst still being able to watch cable)

So I'm think a Video sender is again the way to go with this... but it would need to be strong enough to send a signal from the loft area and downstairs.

I know for what I want standard Coaxial would be best but I'd rather avoid rerouting things, drilling holes etc...

I do currently feed a coaxial cable into my PC for TV... but I don't use this very often... I wonder if there is anyway I can route this signal via my network (which is wired to my router...that is under the TV) to a network receiver/converter that will then output the UHF signal to the DVDR?

If you have any suggestions/links I'd really appreciate them.

Cheers.

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    If I understand correctly what you really want is simply a UHF aerial feed from the loft to downstairs. I can think of no way of doing this other than to run a coaxial cable.

You can't send a large chumk of the UHF band over a video sender or a network cable. :(

3. busterdan

busterdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah you are right I think... for what it costs I might just split the UHF in the loft... run one to the PC... and the other down to the TV... just need to find a very long masonry drill bit! :)

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Sounds like a lovely job for xmas eve. :)