Question UHD replacement for a Sumvision Cyclone

NinjaDan

Novice Member
Hi folks,

Is there a modern UHD equivalent of my old Sumvision Cyclone HD? Ideally I want a similar basic "big hard drive in a box with HDMI and coaxial ports" I can play 4K content off. All the machines I've found discussed here (like the Zidoo X10 / Z10) seem to bring home networking / remote streaming to the party which I won't use (and my wife and kids won't understand!) so I'd rather not spend £200+ on a unit if I don't have to. Any advice what I should be searching for would be appreciated thank you.

Cheers.

bubblegum57

you can buy a cheap android box & play from a usb drive, if you want. Not sure about coaxial.

If you want the artwork etc you can connect up to the internet, to get it. then disconnect from the internet & it will still show & play from the usb drive.

NinjaDan

Novice Member
Fellas, thanks for input really appreciated.

Am assuming any SATA 2.5" HD (up to 2TB) would fit the A95X, I don't need to order anything specific. A naive question - how do I get films / music onto the HD? Can I connect to my comp. directly so the comp. sees the A95X as an external HD like the Cyclone? Or do I FTP over from my comp. via the local network? That would be preferred I think vs sitting an external USB HD atop it.

Thanks!

bubblegum57

Not sure, but the geekbuying link doesn't show a remote.

I couldn't see my NUC as an external hard drive. I copied movies via a web browser (network) or usb

bubblegum57

I'm a bit confused. The android os will be on the ROM. Then format internal hard drive to ntfs, then add media, then insert into device. Point kodi or what ever at the hard drive.

does it need gpt?

Top Bottom