• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UHD Player for FZ802

Matt wS

Just grabbed a 65FZ802 given the huge price drops yesterday. Looking to pick up a UHD player to go with it. Given the complete lack of HDR10+, is there any point in getting a UB820 (or waiting for a UB450) over just getting a cheapo UB320?

Do the more expensive players offer any specific video benefits over the 320 when used with the FZ802?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Just grabbed a 65FZ802 given the huge price drops yesterday. Looking to pick up a UHD player to go with it. Given the complete lack of HDR10+, is there any point in getting a UB820 (or waiting for a UB450) over just getting a cheapo UB320?

Do the more expensive players offer any specific video benefits over the 320 when used with the FZ802?
1. No, the UB420 is fine for your requirements
2. UB320 has no HDR Optimiser feature and only 1 HDMI out. HDR Optimiser could be of benefit for your lower nit Oled. I certainly can see the benefits on my LG Oled TV for some UHDs. Lowest priced model with this feature is the UB420 (or maybe UB450 although I haven't seen a price for this yet).

Matt wS

HDR Optimiser could be of benefit for your lower nit Oled

Is that different - or better - than the tone mapping in the TV?

EDIT: Doesn't the TV know better how to tone-map the content given it knows what its brightness capabilities are?

Last edited:

Matt wS

Ah. OK. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Matt wS

So do you have the 420? Is it quiet enough in operation?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom