Question UHD or FHD 49'

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by bonex, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bonex

bonex
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody! My name's Gianluca and I live in Italy and it seems here no one can help me. I'm looking for my first TV (I can fit in my room max 50' and I'm going to watch it from 3meter) and I really confused about what should I have to buy. Follow some information:
    For now I found 2 option that can be ok for me: Philips 49PUS6501 that give a great out-of-the box picture, that is good because I don't think I'm going to professional calibration, and the Hisense H50M5500 with a high price/quality.
    The maximum budget is 650€ (about 560£ at the actual change)
    I'm not interested in 4K, I will watch tv with normal tv program and maybe some film in netflix and amazon prime video (but not in 4k because my connection is not very fast), so if there are FHD tv's with more quality compared the two above it will be great. (for example the UE50J6240 will be a better choice?)
    The smart part is not really important cause I think i will buy a TVbox.

Do you have any suggest, please?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    It really comes down to how much you care about the quality of standard definition material. A TV like the Samsung J6300 or J6240 will handle this better and at your viewing distance you won't notice any quality increase from resolution alone with UHD.

The Philips has good accuracy yes but uses an IPS panel so has worse contrast. This can be mitigated somewhat due to ambilight (as seen with the review on here). It is a good TV.

The Hisense uses a higher contrast panel and has decent colour out of the box. Just not excellent colour accuracy like the Phillips.

The Samsung J series TVs use high contrast panels and have good but not excellent colour accuracy out of the box.

Care about SD picture quality go for the Samsung
    Care not may as well go for the hisense

Watch with a light on or with ambilight the Philips is a great TV.

3. bonex

bonex
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the answer
    I'm really tempted to buy the philips for the ambilight but I don't think I can use it because of the side wall. The ambilight needs free wall, right and left the tv, am I right?

I noticed that the J6300 is curved, I don't like curved TV at all.

The Hisense is good but I can't find advice for the settings.