UHD Friendly Drive for DVDFAB

MJ81

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi There. I'm looking for some advice in regards to the exact UHD friendly drive that someone has purchased and successfully and used with DVDFAB UHD ripper software.

I'm looking to use this to rip movies from 4k disc to place on a NAS hard drive for my Zappiti reference media player. I'm completely new to this!

DVDfab Identify a list of drives that are UHD friendly which are mostly internal, however I require an external one that I can connect to my PC via USB 3.0. The few external ones that they detail, I either cant find it anywhere or there are variations on the part numbers which makes me unsure as to whether i'm buying the correct one.

Am I better off just buying a UHD drive like the one below which already reads 4K Blu ray movies or something else.

Amazon product ASIN B07Q65WJXC
Please some advice as this is a bit of a minefield for me

Cheers

Hi There. I'm looking for some advice in regards to the exact UHD friendly drive that someone has purchased and successfully and used with DVDFAB UHD ripper software.

I'm looking to use this to rip movies from 4k disc to place on a NAS hard drive for my Zappiti reference media player. I'm completely new to this!

DVDfab Identify a list of drives that are UHD friendly which are mostly internal, however I require an external one that I can connect to my PC via USB 3.0. The few external ones that they detail, I either cant find it anywhere or there are variations on the part numbers which makes me unsure as to whether i'm buying the correct one.

Am I better off just buying a UHD drive like the one below which already reads 4K Blu ray movies or something else.

Amazon product ASIN B07Q65WJXC
Please some advice as this is a bit of a minefield for me

Cheers
If you go to makemkv Web site they have a list of sellers, I got mine from @asmcom, there's a few people on here that have got them from him.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
If you go to makemkv Web site they have a list of sellers, I got mine from @asmcom, there's a few people on here that have got them from him.
Excellent, thanks for that 👍🏻

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Buy an internal one and then put it in an external case?

I paid £95-ish for a firmware friendly drive.

I rip to an internal drive then copy over to the NAS via the network, no need to be plugging external drives in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom