UHD content from SKYQ through Matrix to TV HDMI problem

tpw318

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a problem trying to send UHD content from my skyq box via a Matrix to my TV in that it appears not recognise the signal with no error messages.

I am able to put the TV in UHD 8 bit mode using the sky cable directly to my TV and this works ok.

I have two pink SkyQ HDMI cables which I have tested directly from the SKYQ to TV and works ok in UHD.

Here is the configuration which is not working:
  • SKYQ Pink HDMI out to port 1 on Matrix.
  • Matrix output via Display 1 using another Pink HDMI to TV.

Before doing this I have tuned off all devices. I have disconnected all HDMI leads.
I am able to get the SKY welcome message come up on the TV through the matrix when its starting up. Then it goes and appears like no signal to the TV.
Here is a video of it not working.
Test 4 Power down and starte up via Matrix - No work.MP4

TV is a Samsung UE40NU7120K. I have set UHD on HDMI input to on. I have turned off HDMI-CEC.

I have returned the Matrix back to the company who have tested it. The link here shows that:
Dropbox - 1080p.mov - Simplify your life

So I have it back with me, with no clear ideas on how to resolve. Thanks for any suggestions.

What does it do with non UHD content ?

Works fine through the matrix with 1080P.

If FHD is working fine through the matrix but UHD isn't, have you double checked the specs for your matrix that it's fully HDCP 2.2 compliant for UHD content?

Do you have another uhd source to try ? But I agree with @articwolf710
What is the Matrix? Do you have a link ?

I do not have another UHD source to try from. I will see if I can borrow another source device to try.
Here is the spec from the advert; I will ask them for any manuals etc... they may have on it.

"2K4K UHD 4x2 Port HDMI Matrix Switch/Splitter 4 In 2 Out v2.0 HDCP 2.2 SKY Q

Ex-Pro® AV-Pro 179005 4x2 Port HDMI Matrix Switch/Splitter [4 Input 2 Output] - HDMI v2.0 Full UHD SUPPORT - [Distribute one of 4 HDMI sources to either of 2 displays or show same on all connected displays].

The Ex-Pro 2K4K 4x2 HDMI Matrix Switch comes with 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs. It is a true matrix and can distribute any one of the 4 sources to either of the connected 2 displays or it can work as a splitter to show the same source on 2 displays simultaneously. Full UHD 2K4K, 480i@60Hz, 480p@60Hz, 576i@50Hz, 576p@50Hz, 720p@50/60Hz, 1080i@50/60Hz, 1080p@50/60Hz, 4Kx2K@25/30/60Hz/3D YUV 4:4:4. HDCP V2.2 Compliant supports all UHD services such as Sky Q, Virgin V etc. Audio format support DTS-HD/Dolby-true HD/LPCM7.1/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD. Switch easily between multiple HDMI sources via remote control or via buttons on the unit.

With inner IR receiver to enlarge IR remote control signal, also supports RS232 Control. Multiple Switching modes: IR remote control, operate manually or operate via Integrated RS232 port. Maximum transmission distance: 10 meters by 28AWG cable; 15 meters by 26AWG cable. (for further distance, use of HDMI extender is optional). Compact unit L 283.50mm x W 164.75mmx H 27.20mm with LED light indication. Powered by UK Power supply (included). 1 Year Ex-Pro Manufacture Defect Warranty & Customer support, RoHS compliant, FCC and CE approved.

What's in the Box:-

1 x Ex-Pro® AV-Pro 4x2 Port UHD HDMI Matrix Switch/Splitter [4 Input 2 Output].
1 x 5v UK 3 Pin AC Power Supply.
1 x Remote Control.
1 x Manual.
1 x RS232 Control software.
Boxed packaging.

We recommend the use of Ex-Pro® AV-Pro v2.0 2K4K HDMI cables with this device. "

They are at pains to stress 4Kx2K@60Hz
Other than that I have no idea. I'll move the thread to a different section . It sounds more matrix related than sky related

Thanks for the replies I missed them. But the 2nd output from the matrix is a BENQ W1700 projector.
I was able to source another input device PS4 PRO. This allowed me to test the PS4 PRO 4K through the matrix to the TV and it worked fine. It also worked fine out to the projector on the other output. So with the PS4 everything is working as expected (4K though the Matrix). Still left with why the SKYQ does not work 4K through the matrix but does direct to either TV or Projector. Sounds like I need to get a SKY expert out to have a look. Suggestions welcome.

Try reversing the devices which are connected to the Output ports on the Matrix.

How long is the HDMI cable between the Matrix and the Projector?

Do you have the same problem if the Projector is Off rather than in Standby?

Joe

I have tried previously to have nothing plugged into the input HDMIs on the Matrix apart from SKY as input. Then Output only one device being the TV, so nothing plugged into the 2nd output. I can have this config only working in 1080P and not in UHD. When I go to UHD on the SKY via the matrix to TV I get no signal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom