Question UHD BluRay Player Dolby Vision Support

Lezyne

Novice Member
Hey,
i am struggling with buying my UHD Bluray Player because of the lack of Dolby Vision support.
Are the current players getting an update in the future to support Dolby Vision or do I have to buy a new Bluray Player in approx. two years? That would be something i try to avoid. I only know about the LG Player with DV support and I have seen so many bad reviews about that thing, that I would never buy this player.

Best Regards

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
The oppo-203 also supports dolby vision.

toadusmodus

Hey,
i am struggling with buying my UHD Bluray Player because of the lack of Dolby Vision support.
Are the current players getting an update in the future to support Dolby Vision or do I have to buy a new Bluray Player in approx. two years? That would be something i try to avoid. I only know about the LG Player with DV support and I have seen so many bad reviews about that thing, that I would never buy this player.

Best Regards
Interesting you say 'so many bad reviews', I have yet to read/watch a comprehensive review of the LG UP970, but I am 100% happy with mine. Just waiting for the DV support in a firmware update.

Lezyne

Novice Member
Interesting you say 'so many bad reviews', I have yet to read/watch a comprehensive review of the LG UP970, but I am 100% happy with mine. Just waiting for the DV support in a firmware update.

I know amazon is not really a reliable source for reviews, but I saw the 2 1/2 star rating and was a bit confused.
Thank you for your reply

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom