Uhd AWOL F1 Australia

Not a sky fan

There’s talk of some failed uhd recordings on the sky forum surrounding last nights F1 race in Oz. Mine also failed which was why I went looking.

Assuming it was a failure? I can’t see anywhere to see the race in uhd after the live event has passed?

Ps when I say failed… I don’t mean there is a recording that says failed in the description or when you try to play it. I mean there is no recording in uhd. Only HD.
So that the uhd recording failed not “the recording” itself. Which was in an exceptionally poor PQ HD it seemed to me.

I won’t go into how the sky q box repeatedly gave away the result by advertising Sky F1 live and clicking on that thinking it’s not live, the race already happened live it’s Sunday morning in the Uk. So I’ve missed the live race in Oz. It’s a recording of the race live I’ll play that… but not it’s a live repeat of the race showing the podium… right no pint watching that then…😄

Quickly back out of that to see the F1 channel showing the same thing live. Bloody hell.

Looking further, nowhere to see the race in uhd on sky q. Anyone?

Not a sky fan

Just found another HD recording in planner series link titled Russia practice 1, containing Saudi practice 1, and 2, Aus practice 1 and 2, and Australia race highlights. No uhd race, or even live race🤷🏻‍♂️

John

No problems here. The recordings are all appearing under the last race you have not deleted , so in my case, it's under the Saudi race
But I am sat here watching Ted's Notebook in UHD HLG. At least that's what the TV is detecting. That's filed under his testing Notebook

John

Actually, it's 7.5GB for a 30 minute show, compared to 6GB for The Wolf of Wall Steet. So probably UHD HLG after all, atleast Skys version of it

Not a sky fan

Any sign of the race in uhd though? Either recorded live, or catch up?

I’ve just found the race deep in the listings and it only offered SD or HD. There is no UHD of the RACE now.

Did anyone get the race in UHD ?

cuke2u

Yes just watched a recording, but last night????

John

Yep, I watched in UHD at 0730 this morning, recorded from the live show

Not a sky fan

Ok, and anyone that did NOT get the uhd race recorded live?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom