Uh oh... kids have rubbed choccie into the new leather sofa

SanPedro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I'm not sure of the best way to get it out.

I've cleaned off the lumps but there are some remdial greasy stains left.

Anyone got any tips on getting these out? I've tried googling but nothing really sensible has filtered back - apart from loads of ads selling cleaning products.

Ta.

They will most likely fade with time and add to the natural patina, attempts to remove them may make it worse or damage the leather. What leather/finish/colour was it pre-chocolate?

Dave

I found this tip on the internet, never tried it myself so try at your own risk.

To remove grease stains from leather, dab stiffened egg white to the leather and rub with a soft cloth

They will most likely fade with time and add to the natural patina, attempts to remove them may make it worse or damage the leather. What leather/finish/colour was it pre-chocolate?

Dave

Fortunately it's a dark brown any ways (fugured something like this would happen sooner or later). But it has that unfinished look to it - the leather isn't sprayed, so the stains have soaked into the material.

I have some saddle soap at home somewhere which I might test on a small patch somewhere less noticeable. I also have some leather feed to put on afterwards if necessary.

Bloomin kids and easter eggs :mad:

we've always just used those disposable leather cleaning wipes you can buy from any supermarket.

Apply gentle heat from a blowlamp, that should soften the chocolate a bit.

Chris, you need Gliptone.

My 18 month old is obsessed with trying to ruin our leather sofa with slobber/snot/scratches/food/water/beer (only kidding).

It comes with a cleaner and conditioner.

I have used it on my leather seats in my Fiat Coupe Turbo and the leather sofa indoors.

It makes your leather smell like cow.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Before trying anything else, phone the retailer / manufacturer as they will undoubtedly have advice on the best methods of removing all types of stains from their products.

Be very careful and check exactly what type of leather it is before you apply anything to your suite as you could permanantly damage it.
Also, rather than use a blow lamp, I think a hairdryer would be more applicable.

Baby Wipes.

Take it from me, Baby Wipes.

Chris, you need Gliptone.

My 18 month old is obsessed with trying to ruin our leather sofa with slobber/snot/scratches/food/water/beer (only kidding).

It comes with a cleaner and conditioner.

I have used it on my leather seats in my Fiat Coupe Turbo and the leather sofa indoors.

It makes your leather smell like cow.

Thanks for that.I've just bought a car (perhaps foolishly) with white leather and was wondering how I was going to treat it,now I know!Though I'm not sure about the 'smelling like a cow'!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom