Ugrading my TV. help needed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by beaniator, Sep 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. beaniator

beaniator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi All
    Im looking to upgrade my lcd tv to a new one. my current tv is a toshiba 37X3030D and the new tv im looking at is a LG 47LM620T Full HD 47" 3D LED TV .
    i use my tv for ps3 gaming as well as pc gaming, i also watch all my tv series and films via the pc.all of this runs threw a denon amp avr 1610.
    im wanting to know if the lg47lm620t will be an upgrade in all aspects compared to my old toshiba as in pic quality etc.
    also will 3d be ok passed threw my amp.
    many thanks for all help and info given:)

2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    How olds the AVR? Id check about 3D passthrough first, you need a HDMI 1.4 spec AVR for 3D, it should say in your manual. What model AIR/amp do you have?

Edit: sorry still half asleep, no the 1610 won't pass 3D, I have a 1910 and connect my 3D player direct to my TV and use optical to the AVR. If you have two HDMI outputs(if possible with PC now) you can use one for audio to the Dennon and the other to the TV for the picture.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  3. beaniator

beaniator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks for help.
    i take it the amp will still send picture through but not 3d??so in essence it will still work as my existing setup?but to watch 3d i need a direct input to tv (audio via optical to amp)
    as regards to the tv upgrade part,will the lg be alot better all round compared to my toshiba?
    thanks again

4. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Yes hence the name AVR Audio Visual Receiver. What many do is buy a player with two HDMI outs as I have said, otherwise yes just HDMI to the set and optical out to the receiver.

Sorry not owned either of those sets so can't help there, best to look for reviews, owners threads and read the manufacturers own sites to see what features the sets have, then if you can, go see the sets.

5. beaniator

beaniator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks .
    i have checked reviews and specs and compared tv's but im no tec head and wanted to know if in other peoples eyes this will not dissapoint compared to my toshiba tv.
    wanting to make sure the lg is better than the toshiba.
    its taken me a long time to wear the wife down and agree to buy new tv and last thing i want is her saying its not as good as our old toshiba.lol
    thanks again

6. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Ill move the thread to the LCD forum and see if you get more replies.