Ugrade time, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by arenaman, Aug 21, 2017.

1. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,947
    I'm a bit stuck for choice so any ideas will be appreciated. I'm upgrading from a Sony Z5 compact and would like a similar phone, small (5 inches length) waterproof, great battery life but with great performance too.

I thought there would be a Sony XZ compact but there's not.

I don't do apple and it needs to be on EE as I get discounted line rental.

Cheers.

2. BhPu

BhPu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    You are limiting yourself by only opting for EE only. Does that mean you can't by a phone SIM free and then change your plan to a SIM only deal? If you can, I would go for Motorola G5 which is cheap and solid. Alternatively Huawei Honor 9 is a good choice but more expensive. It's hard getting a phone with decent spec under 5.5" these days for a decent price.

3. winka45

winka45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +449
    I'm upgrading from z5 compact Aswell. I'm going for the Samsung s8, it's not all that much longer tbh and it's only a fraction wider.

I prefer small phones as I've got really small hands and previously having the z1 compact and I phone 4, but don't think there will be that much difference from the z5c when the new Sony compact xz1 is announced next week.

The s8 is the the first time I've seen it in real life today and was surprised how small and neat it is, I expected it being a lot bigger, also it has a feature to shrink the screen so you can reach it all one handed, so effectively having a small phone.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017