1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugly Coolers

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by CENSORED, Apr 26, 2003.

1. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not wanting to sacrifice performance over looks, BUT, are there any good looking CPU coolers out there that can still cool a 2800+ properly without looking like the ugly sister of a particularly dodgy looking air conditioning plant?

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:)

3. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

My 'cooking' rig has a clear acrylic case with three Sunbeam UV fans, a blue CC fan and a ThermalTake CoolModII shifting the air. My CPU fan is a black blob with a blue thingy screwed to a metal whatsit and is really letting the side down at the mo. Don't get me wrong, it's quiet and efficient but looks crap. My last resort might have to be some UV paint but I'd prefer a professionally built jobbie.

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
  5. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

I've seen it. I want it. But it's socket 754 only. Drat. Unless I go to an Athlon 64 and change my mobo I'm scuppered. Unless, of course, some bright spark brings out an adaptor.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A lovely Danger Den water block should just do the trick. Some UV dye in the water &......... lovely ;)

7. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer,

Your reputation precedes you ;) Water cooling looks very sexy and might just be the answer. Is UV dye limited to just blue and that God-awful manky yellow stuff?