1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugent:philips 32pf9986 and component signal

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by brunj, Sep 27, 2005.

1. brunj

brunj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 32pf9986 equipped with 1.3 sw version. I can't get any image from my progressive scan DVD player (Pioneer dv-585a) using the connection component output -DVI input. The retailer doesn't want to change my tv (I live in Italy), so I have to sue him. Is it sure that the tv with 1.3 sw onboard can't manage any component signal through the DVI input?

Thanks

Sal

2. Jakus

Jakus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Did You try setting the input of the TV to PC or HD ?

Test with DVD set to Interlaced first before switching to Progressive

3. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If they won't replace the set contact philips or the shop were you got it from and you can get the software updated. The latest software is version 2.5. This should be done free of charge as the set is under warranty.

4. brunj

brunj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVD works fine when set to interlaced. The progressive goes through the DVI input and I can't have to set anything but the input.

It's the shop that doesn't want to change the set and Philips would just keep it for months before upgrading it.

Jimmsan can't you help me?

5. brunj

brunj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The retailer wants to change my 9986 with a new 9830.....but unfortunately there are no reviews at the moments so it's hard to decide what to do....sholud I ask for my money back?

Sal

6. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you get a 9830 in return for your 9986 without paying extra, I would do that.
    The 9830 is the successor model which has more inputs and some extra features.
    It solves all your problems and even has 2 separate Component inputs.

7. tobytronic

tobytronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 9986 November last yr with the FW V1.3 and can remember the who-ha about component not being available but has anyone any experiance of trying to have their FW updated by the manufacturer recently either on site or at the factory (how do i package it up is a thought).

My set came from sound and vision in Farnworth...can they update it or supply a disc for me to do.

Any thoughts??

8. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mine went back to the retailer, who are also repairers. Mine was version 2.2 and is now 2.5. It was being looked at for another reason but asked them to update the FW and I had it back in just over a week. I kept the box when I got the set so I put it back in the box with the original packaging. Came back fine.

9. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 9986 is not customer-updatable. The 9830 is.
    I think the version 1.3-2.x update requires hardware modifications as well.
    People have reported 4-6 weeks time for the upgrade to be done :thumbsdow

Fortunately my set was 2.2 when I bought it.
    As there seem to be no change notes available, I do't think I will try to get it updated.
    (I have mailed some gripes about functionality to Philips but I don't think they were ever solved because the 9830 still seems to have the same problems)