UFC BTS2 recording issue

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by jm28cardiff, Aug 18, 2013.

1. jm28cardiff

jm28cardiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I watched UFC main event just now, but when I went to watch the prelims I had also recorded, an error came up saying the recording was from a channel I wasnt subscribed to (I am on XL). In the recordings list, the channel showed as "unknown". Anyone else have any problems like this?

2. Mashburn

Mashburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yes. I had the exact same problem on my v+ box. My TiVo box, however, recorded the prelims without a problem! :confused:

3. blueboy1971

blueboy1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Just remembered that this was on and what a surprise, the series link on my TIVO did not record it. Useless machine

4. ozsat

ozsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    What channel is your series link on ?

5. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,853
    It could be that some of the content that is aired via the BT Sports channels is copyright protected and if this is the case then you'd be unable to record it. This is down to the channel provider and their use of HDCP as opposed to being something implimented or controlled by Virgin Media. The fact that both the V+ and the TiVo exhibit this behaviour goes some way to confirm this to be due to copyright protection implimentation as opposed to it having anything to do with the hardware being used by Virgin customers.

Both SKY and native BT users also report issues when attempting to record UFC content.

http://thesportshub13.com/2013/08/1...dia-ufc-fans-witing-it-out-over-ufc-blackout/

It is reported that UFC content will become recordable within the next few months.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  6. ozsat

ozsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    UFC record fine on TiVo.

The problem was that less than 1 hours before transmission - the moved it from Sports 1 to Sports 2.

Those whose TiVo didn't update in time - recorded Rugby.

Those with a wishlist for UFC and that had received the update - had UFC record fine.