UFC 75 This Saturday

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Synchronicity, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Looks like a great card this Saturday, UFC 75 could shape up to be very entertaining:smashin:

I think Rampage Vs Henderson is a genuine 50/50 fight with both fighters coming off impressive wins-Rampage on a 5 fight win streak which includes the KO of Chuck Lidell and Hendo also coming off a couple of impressive wins himself,having beaten Vitor Belfort and KO'ing Wanderlai Silva in his last 2 fights.Im really not sure who is going to win but I am leaning towards Rampage,probably only because I would rather he won,although Hendo is usually in very entertaining fights as wll so I really dont mind.

Hamil Vs Bisping is a bit of a mismatch IMO,and although Hamil maybe an excellent wrestler I think Bisping is going to absolutely destroy him:zonked:

Cro Cop Vs Kongo could be a cracker,with both fighters being massive strikers it is definitley gonna end by KO/TKO and I think Cro Cop will be on a mission this time and looking to make a statement after his last loss.Co Cop wins by KO!

Marcus Davis Vs Paul Taylor should be a decent fight as well,I think Davis will win by TKO.

All live and free on Setanta sports Saturday night as well,which cant be bad:clap:

2. dirtydingo

dirtydingo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    did you say free

try 15 quid a month erk

still i love the UFC and am very glad setanta have the balls to show it live.

i think hamil v bisping will be a very close fight....hamil is very strong but i haven't really seen him take any good head shots so he may have a glass jaw.

if he takes bisping down we may see an upset.

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    It is free if your a Virgin Media customer with the XL tv package,like myself;)

I think even if Hamil takes him down ,Bisping will still win-Bisping has very under rated Ju Jitsu which I will take over wrestling any day of the week.

4. themoid

themoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    dont have setanta, no other way to watch it i spose :(

5. JustinJ004

JustinJ004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I think it's repeated on Bravo or Bravo 2 next week.

6. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    don;t think it is - the last one in the UK and shown live on sentanta did not have any airing what so ever on Bravo - poor show!

Will be very close all round.

Agree with you Jason - i can see Rampage just winning - should be a cracker mind you.

Think bisping will pummell hamill if it's standup - but it is a bit of a grudge match and you never know if bisping will be a bit to cocky to put on a show for the home fans.

Hope crocop does better this time - should be an all out scrap by all accounts - should crocop win i guess that means crocop vs randy some time soon.

Looking forward to a great card!!!!

You ready - you ready - LET GET IT ON!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

7. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Ah well,I cant get them all right:blush:I was surprised how big Kongo was compared to Cro Cop,he was like a bloody big tree trunk:eek: and actually seemed to fight like a bigger,stronger version of Cro Cop,that axe kick looked viscous.

I think Bisping was lucky to get the decision,although I dont think it was the massive robbery that a lot of fans are claiming.Sure,Hamil took him down easily but he didnt really do anything when he had him on the floor and then Bisping would just get back up and for the second half of the fight Hamil was just swinging wildly and not landing anything.

The Marcus Davis Vs Paul Taylor was a cracker while it lasted and that French/English guy was very impressive.

Rampage definitely seems to have hit his peak now,he looked superb against Henderson and can see him staying the champion for a while,or at least until Shogun gets his title shot.I hope Henderson drops down to 185 and fights Anderson Silva for the title:D

8. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    agreed - slightly disappointing fights overall but good stuff.

Rampage looked superb - did well to get out of a few arm bars and deserved winner.

Bisping looked out of shape and very very lucky to get the decision. Hamill never wasa 30-27 winner but i think it could have been 29-28 either way.

Poor show from Cro-cop - he got dominated in rounds 2/3 and Kongo was defo the best fighter and a deserved winner

9. DrPhil

DrPhil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,502
    I don't know if it's a bit of home crowd bias, that you guys are all thinking it was only a bit unfair on Hamill. I never liked Hamill during the Ultimate Fighter show, but that was the worst decision I have ever seen in MMA. Even the home crowd were booing a bit because the decision was so bad.

Fair enough Hamill wasn't terribly effective, and if he had kept Bisping to the ground instead of letting him up all the time it may have been different. And make no mistake, at least half the times Bisping got up, it was because Hamill let him up. He wanted to prove he is not just a wrestler, (although he is).

However, Bisping did nothing whatsoever to earn points. The UFC states that points are awarded for effective strikes, grappling, agression and octagon control. Bisping did not grapple as effectively as Hamill, he did not even strike as effectively as Hamill, and in fact Hamill nearly killed him with a hard right to the temple. Hamill controlled the octagon and had Bisping backing up for the entire fight. The only thing that Bisping had was agression, but it was not any use, he just kept swinging punches into Hamill's guard when his hands were up.

Shocking decision, influenced by the home crowd.

And regardless of the decision, my opinion of both fighters changed greatly after the fight. Hamill would have been well within his rights to be outraged, but he just held his hands up and congratulated Bisping. Bisping on the other hand, who should have been embarrassed at the shabby decision, instead, bragged that he was the real winner and told Bisping to go back to wrestling. No class whatsoever.

Aside from that, Cro Cop was awful. He was on a 3 fight contract, and he has sucked in 2 of them. I have no idea what will happen next for him. I know the UFC see him as hugely marketable but if he keeps fighting like that I don't wether he has a future in UFC.

Jackson v Henderson was not overly exciting but not the worst fight ever. I still want to see Jackson v Liddell again.

The other 3 fights were by far the most entertaining of the night, Davis was excellent and fair play to the ref for not stopping it earlier.

10. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Sorry,I just didnt think it was the massive robbery that some people are making it out to be.Hamil landed a couple of good shots early on,but really that was about it.He took Bisping down a few times but did absolutley nothing whatsoever on the floor-no submission attempts,no ground and pound-nothing!In fact I would go as far as say Bisping did more from the bottom before getting back up.The second half of the fight Hamil was just plodding forward throwing wildly,getting picked off by Bisping and looking very amateurish.Dont get me wrong I think Bisping should have lost because he was very negative,was afraid to let any kicks go in case he got taken down and just didnt do enough, but please,it was nowhere near the robbery that some people,like yourself are making it out to be!

I agree Cro Cop has been very dissapointing,he seems totally gun shy and I think he might be on the downslide which is a shame considering the force he once was.
    I thought the fight was pretty good,plenty of action with a bit of everything and both men giving it everything they had.Why on earth would you want to see Jackson Vs Liddell again?Rampage totally dominated him in the first fight and KTFO in the second fight,both results were quite conclusive and I suspect if they did fight a 3rd time it would be the same story.

I would rather Jackson fought Shogun,Wanderlai Silva,Bisping(to take him down a peg or 2),or even Alexander Houston who admittedly hasnt really earned a title shot but you know that fight would be insane:devil:

Agreed:smashin:

11. DrPhil

DrPhil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,502
    Still not sure that I agree that Bisping worked hard to get up, I think Hamill let him up on more than one occasion. He was riled by Bisping's accusations about him being one dimensional and wanted to beat him on his feet. But although Hamill was fairly ineffective, he still did enough in my book to win all 3 rounds, the only one with any debate was the third round, which Bisping started well but Hamill finished well. By the way, there is an even bigger fuss being made in the states, people are accusing White of influencing the judges to keep the home crowd happy and due to the fact that Bisping is a better and more marketable fighter for the UFC. I seriously doubt this and either way, it didn't work as the home crowd booed a lot! Also, Bisping should hang his head in shame for his comments after the fight and in the press conference.

The reason I would like to see Chuck and Rampage again is because I was dissapointed by Chuck in the first UFC fight. He was very sloppy and I expected a better closer fight. We will see if he gets through Jardine and Wanderlei Silva first, then he may get a shot at Jackson.

Although I said earlier that Cro Cop had a 3 fight contract, I have since read that it was 6 fights, so he has 3 to go. Personally I'd like to see him fight Arlovski. Cro Cop is on the slide and Arlovski is trying to fight back up, so it would be interesting. On the other hand, a defeat for either would possibly finish their comback chances off so I don't know if the UFC would do it.

12. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    I wouldnt put it past him to be honest,you cannot argue that White has done great things for the UFC and MMA in general but his current attitude could cause serious problems in the future-he seems to be treating the sport like it belongs to him and runs everything based on his personal opinion.He needs to accept that as much as he would like it to,the sport does not revolve around him.
    Have you seen the first fight, when Chuck went to Pride to show them how good the UFC was?Rampage gave him a solid beatdown-not 1 punch like their last fight but a consistant beating over several rounds.I think Rampage's style is just bad news for Chuck and I have no interest in seeing Chuck getting KO'd again when there are so many other intriguing fights out there.

Here's a couple of vids:

Rampage Vs Shogun
    Silva Vs Rampage (picks up in the last half)
    Rampage Vs Liddell

Bearing in mind that Chuck has already rematched Jackson once and got KO'd,out of those who would you say is more entitled to a shot at Rampage and the title?I think Rampage has definitley improved also, so it would be good to see if he can avenge his previous losses.

If Shogun beats Griffin convincingly in the next UFC I would love to see him get a shot:cool:Although I quite like Rampage so dont want to see him beaten so soon.

13. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    Not long till UFC 76!!! 22nd September!

Chuck Liddell Vs. Keith Jardine
    Thiago Tavares Vs. Tyson Griffin
    Mauricio Rua Vs. Forrest Griffin
    Kazuhiro Nakamura Vs. Lyoto Machida
    Jon Fitch Vs. Diego Sanchez
    Wilson Gouveia Vs. Jason Lambert
    Diego Saraiva Vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Justin McCully Vs. Christian Wellisch
    Michihiro Omigawa Vs. Matt Wiman

Another excellent card on the face of it.

I think Liddell will get back to winning ways but Jardine is usually good value for money.

Personally think that Griffin is a cocky sod and not a huge fan but it think this could be a cracker as Thiago will want to keep his perfect MMA record in tack.

Obviously everyone looking forward to the Shogun fight - again not a personal fan of forrest (although a great fighter), it should be an interesting fight as shogun/pride have very different rules. On the face of it i expect shogun to win but could go either way.

Same for sanchez - needs to get back to winning ways - was touted to romp through the division but derailed by the loss against Koscheck. Should be good.