• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UF850V sound issue

essenby

Standard Member
I have a SONOS Playbar connected to my UF850 via the optical output. For TV services I have a Virgin Media (UK) box connected via HDMI. If I select “Netflix” from the TV services I can log in and watch without issue. However, when I switch back to the Virgin TV source, after a minute or so the sound disappears. I can recover it by switching source to terrestrial aerial and back to the Virgin box. But why does it happen and how can I stop it?

essenby

Standard Member
92 views since Oct 3rd - and no one has any ideas? Couls this just be a issue with my TV and not a generic issue for the type?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Try going in to the VM box audio settings - Dolby Digital and set it to “Dolby Digital to PCM” and see if that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom