UE75TU8000 with bright corners & Richer Sounds experience

wuffles

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I got this set to replace one of the Philips 4K models with the washed out display (there was a thread about it) and to be honest, when this was delivered I was so happy to actually see 4K colours properly that I ignored the fact that there were bright corners figuring I could probably get rid of them with some settings changes.

Fast forward a few months and I didn't manage to get rid of them and figured it was a thing with larger screens. Until we got a 65" 7000 series for another room (because my house is now made of televisions it seems) and that has a much more uniform image. Considering it's (on paper) a lesser model, it's got a better picture.

I've contacted Richer Sounds just to start the ball rolling to see what they would say, and I was surprised to be pushed towards dealing with Samsung at every possible opportunity. It's my first experience of Richer Sounds in this regard, and as my only other experience was with John Lewis, I'm worried I've been spoiled in the past :) - I'm not that interested in dealing with Samsung given my contract is with Richer Sounds. Is just how they operate?

Anyhoo, am I being overly fussy about this image taken of the native Netflix app? This is taken in the dark as it's in a dedicated room with severely poor lighting, OR I have the option of all the light in the World if you press the light switch, making taking a picture of the screen impossible due to all the reflection.

The problem is very noticeable on any dark background, but much more obvious on the second photo due to the angle I took the picture I think. In real life it's somewhere in between the two in terms of contrast.

IMG_4417 2.jpg
IMG_4415 2.jpg

Hi there,

I was sorry to read on the thread you have been having problems and offer my apologies.

If you can drop me a PM with a contact telephone number and a sale number from your receipt, I will get in touch to help resolve things.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

Last edited:
Hi

I am sorry to hear this, if you can provide me with a contact telephone number and a sale number from your receipt, or your billing postcode from the time of purchase, someone will call you to discuss what we can do help.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds
Hi Tom,

Wasn't a moan about Richer Sounds in particular (hope it didn't come across as that), it's been being dealt with over the past week or so, but it's still very much a "we'll pass your info to Samsung" situation. I'll PM you with the details if you like, just in case you can shed any light on it.

Many thanks.

Just to update this, in case anyone else has the same issue and finds this through a search.

Richer Sounds passed the issue to Samsung, who asked for a photo of the super-bright test screen that is essentially a bowl of 4K fruit. I then received a call directly from someone (I'm assuming it was a person, hard to tell from the call quality) at Samsung who took me through data protection for some reason, only to tell me there isn't anything wrong with the test image, therefore as far as they are concerned, case closed, goodbye.

Richer Sounds also consider the matter closed as it's within tolerance in their opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom