Question UE55JS9000 - Tuning TV via Satellite

micky007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having real trouble trying to tune my TV correctly, i have the Samsung UE55JS9000 Smart TV. But everytime i tune my TV to find the channels its finding hundreds of channels even though i only select to find the Freeview channels. The smart hub is connected to my satellite as i dont have a TV aerial. My guess as to what is happening is its finding ALL channels on ALL Regions. So for example ITV Granada, ITV Border, ITV London etc.. and the same goes for other channels, like i have many different ITV +1, ITV2, BBC One, HD Channels, all with the same name.

Its really annoying and i cant find a way to fix the issue, can someone help me please. Below are the settings im using when tuning:

Aerial or Dish: Satellite
Aerial Connection Type: Dual
Channel Type: All (TV & Radio)
Satellite Selection: 2 Satellites (Astra 19.2E & Astra 28.2E)
Scan Scope: Free Channels Only
Support connected to my TV via the Remote Support and we reset the TV and even they tried to tune my TV. Even then they had the same issue as me where as the TV was finding hundreds of channels (98% of them being duplicates).

The support agent then said to me it looks like i need to pay to have a professional satellite engineer come out and look as she said its the satellite causing the problem. I told her the satellite was installed by a professional satellite installation company already. She then says its the satellite causing the problem.

Now i know for a fact its not the satellite causing the problem, its just a satellite dish, Samsung TV is the one searching for the channels via the Satellite not the Satellite itself. So how can it be a satellite problem, it works perfectly fine. I said to her its 100% not the satellite thats causing the issue, i said to her its Samsungs TV Firmware/Software thats causing the problem. Samsung needs to do it so it removes duplicate channels from the TV guide, it takes ages for me to find the right channel i want to watch because i have to scroll through 700+ channels. For example on the first page of the TV guide my first 7 channels are:

1) Channel 4
2) Channel 4
3) Channel 4
4) Channel 4
5) Channel 4
6) Channel 4
7) Film 4

She then told me that i would be better to ring Samsung Engineers to come out and look at the issue, i said to her is there a charge for this and she said yes but wasnt sure how much.

Why should i have to pay to get this fixed?! Its not my fault its Samsungs fault. Can someone please help as i dont know what to do next as im not paying for this to be fixed when its Samsungs issue and not mine!

Just as a note we also tried a different scan setting which was the following:

Aerial Connection Type: Single
Channel Type: TV
Satellite Selection: 1 Satellite (Astra 19.2E)

I've also tried another scan with the following setting:

Aerial Connection Type: Dual (because i have both satellite cables connected to the smart hub)
Channel Type: All
Satellite Selection: 1 Satellite (Astra 19.2E)
Scan Scope: Free Channels Only
Scan: Full

The results of this scan was the following:

TV: 760
Radio: 144
Data/Other: 0

I rang the engineer company support told me about and they want bloody £180!!! just to look at it and then theirs parts and labor on top of that, fudge THAT!

Anyone else think this is a Firmware/Software issue, I'm pretty sure it is but Samsung wont admit to it. Cant see how its an Satellite issue as it works perfectly and its still new (only had it installed a year ago). Installed by a professional company that has a fleet of vehicles across the north west.

Seems Samsung and the engineers are numptys. Samsung TVs have three selections for tuners under aerial /broadcast. These are terrestrial, satellite and Freesat. Select freesat and re tune and everything should be in the correct order. Selecting satellite is not something to be selected by the casual user and is more for the enthusiastic than the typical tv viewer. Selecting sat will give you multiple versions of the same channels and is completely normal and in no way a fault. Hope this helps.

Select Freesat, one satellite 28E, and you should have no problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom