• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ue55f8000 or Sony W9?!

Gavin81

Novice Member
Sorry in advance- I know these threads are annoying but I need some decent expert advice from people who know what they are talking about!
I will use the tv for sky HD, ps3 and ps4, Netflix, blu-ray ect- would quite like to link my iphone & pad to it- but if I can't I'll get Apple TV.
The sony is about £400 cheaper so will pay for the Apple TV an go towards the new ps4!
However I've spent ages researching the Samsung an now I've had this thrown in I'm all confused!
I have considered 4k but most people appear to be of the opinion it's pointless at present- help me out folks!!
I'm a sucker for gadgets an I like the idea of the remotes and voice control on the samsung, but the draw back is I will have to buy a new stand too due to its huge wide stand! The evolution kit also seems a great idea so I don't have to worry about replacing the whole tv every year or two..
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ianb76

Have you been anywhere to view either TV? I would always suggest some kind of demo.
Both sets are end of line, as new models are either out now or due to be released. They both seem to be increasingly difficult to get hold of, Currys seems to be only place with any stock of either :eek:
I compared both & preferred picture quality, motion control on the Sony :)

Gavin81

Novice Member
Yeah I have but as u say Currys is my best bet- the TVs are never set up well- an the staff.. Well don't get me started! Since they removed their commission they just don't care! I stood in front of one tv for 25minutes yesterday an was completely ignored- I was the only person in the shop!
I'm not bothered about them being end of line- just means their cheaper! Unless there is a newer better tv I should be considering?!

Ianb76

I'm not sure about any new TV's being better. I've not seen many, but nothing has impressed me much apart from new Samsung 4K models. I know for sure the newer TV's will be much more expensive.
Sony W9 is a real bargain at the moment. I paid £1700 for mine, but have enjoyed every minute of owning & watching it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom