• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UE46C8000: mounting on the wall

Jedit

Established Member
So, I'm considering a UE46C8000. I currently have a 40" Samsung plasma in the spot, mounted on a universal wall bracket from Currys. My question: will a bracket designed for plasma TVs work with the much thinner LED models, or would I need a new bracket?

hoegaardenruls

Standard Member
The mounting points on the UE46C8000 are the VESA compliant 400x400, so there is a very good chance you could reuse the wallmount if it supports that.

Otherwise you can pick up a genuine Sansung slim wall mount on Amazon for about £90, much less than Curry's, etc would charge. There are even generic versions of that for about £15, but it depends how much you would trust them to hold a brand new set..

John1987

Established Member
sorry to hijack

i am buying a house and they have a le46a656 on the wall with i think a 3 pin kettle type power cable going to it

i want to put my c7000 on the wall can i use this cable? cut and wire it in?

Jedit

Established Member
First, answering my own question: yes, the universal bracket mounts fine.

John - I wouldn't recommend "borrowing" a power cable from another set, and I'm not even sure why you'd want to. What's stopping you just taking down the extant TV and putting your own in its place?

John1987

Established Member
the cables are already in the wall, just thought as the existing power cable would be long enough i would have to get a new one anyway so why not try and use one thats already in the wall.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom