ue46c6620 picture issues on new tv??

TLMONKEY

Well,
Finally opted for a led edge lit tv, now beginning to think i have made i big mistake.

Problem 1) Backlight bleed on shaded to black pics really bad, leftside worst, like torch on.
It goes about 25% across top of screen then goes down screen in solid halfmoon shape and meets the leftside of screen about 30-40% down leftside of screen, also a small bleeding on right top corner of screen.Can be seen abit when any program on which has black down left or rightside of screen and Is worse when complete blackscreen.
Possible problem 2) Dont know if its a tv/screen fault or just down to bad quality tv program?
But, was watching vampire diary's earlier only to see what i can only describe as what looked like a greenish blocky/patchy large lump in with black blocks moving around in the dark parts of picture??

TV is 2 days old.(backlight bleed from day 1)

Last edited:

TLMONKEY

Here's a vid taken lastnight, note i couldnt get it to show on mobile phone video without having to up the brightness+backlight on tv.

Double click to play

Last edited:

GadgetObsessed

I have a similar issue on my 40C6510.
The effect can be reduced by the following:
(1) Turning Shadow Detail to its default of -2
(2) Turning down brightness - for me the probelm is much more noticeable if the brightness is turned up above about 44.
(3) Turn down the backlight
(4) Enable LED Motion Plus - possibly because it seems to reduce the backlight.

However, even after these adjustments the problem is still visible on my set - albeit only in a dark room.

Have a look here for details:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1370274-samsung-40c6510-clouding-normal.html

TLMONKEY

I have a similar issue on my 40C6510.
The effect can be reduced by the following:
(1) Turning Shadow Detail to its default of -2
(2) Turning down brightness - for me the probelm is much more noticeable if the brightness is turned up above about 44.
(3) Turn down the backlight
(4) Enable LED Motion Plus - possibly because it seems to reduce the backlight.

However, even after these adjustments the problem is still visible on my set - albeit only in a dark room.

Have a look here for details:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1370274-samsung-40c6510-clouding-normal.html
Yer,
Did read that the other day buddy.
If i turn the backlight rightdown to below 4 then its abit better,but bit washed out.

creed

Standard Member
I've been considering the UE40C6620, is this backlight bleed/clouding issues common to all Samsung LED TVs?

GadgetObsessed

SONY is now doing VAT-back you can find much better SONY LCD for similar price check out: HotUKDeals - Deals, Discounts & Voucher Codes
I have some minor clouding on my 40C6510. However, I would question whether the Sony's are any better.

I spent a lot of time comparing the Samsung 40C6530 with the Sony 40NX713 and 40HX803 at John Lewis with a Freeview HD feed. I used each sets remote to get the best picture quality out of each set that I could. However, on both occasions that I went to JL to do the comparison the Samsung had a clearly sharper picture - raising the sharpness setting on the Sony didn't help - and I preferred the colours on the Samsung.

I really wanted to like the Sony sets because they are 3D and were on a good deal. They were £1169 - Sony cashback = £995. This also included a 3D pack (2 x glasses and a transmitter) and a PS3 with GT5 and 5yr guarantee! As I wanted a PS3 this meant that these two sets were the same price as the 40C6530. However, I just could not put up with their 2d picture quality and that is far more important to me than having 3D.

I also see people complaining of backlight issues on the Sony's - I don't think that any manufacturer is free of this issue.

TLMONKEY

Im wondering if should change out to backlit 46le8900 or pos a panny 46-50" plasma. I really like the samsung lookswise,so might try a replacement first,then if still bad will either try get money back or exchange for backlit lcd/led or plasma.
Crampton+Moore as of yet havent responded to my email I sent them yesterday, which i included the above video showing the problem.

TLMONKEY

UPDATE,

They had no problems and glady offered me refund or exchange,so as they didnt have any c6620 left i opted for the c6530 for £40 more,coming 2mora and taken the faulty c6620 away, only downside is get 3year warrenty not 5year. If this one is bad then getting refund and gonna give the 47le8900 a go.

GadgetObsessed

I have seen the 47le9900 and noticed a strange issue that may be related to direct LED dimming. The feed was showing a bright logo moving around on a black background. Around the logo there was a constant square of grey on the LG but not on other sets. The rest of the screen was really black. It made me wonder if the LEDs were being dimmed around the screen except were the logo was. I found this more offputting that normal backlight bleed as it moved around the screen. Maybe this issue could be resolved by changing the settings or disabling the auto dimming - if you can.

I have seen the 47le9900 and noticed a strange issue that may be related to direct LED dimming. The feed was showing a bright logo moving around on a black background. Around the logo there was a constant square of grey on the LG but not on other sets. The rest of the screen was really black. It made me wonder if the LEDs were being dimmed around the screen except were the logo was. I found this more offputting that normal backlight bleed as it moved around the screen. Maybe this issue could be resolved by changing the settings or disabling the auto dimming - if you can.
yes this is Halos, a sideffect of direct LED local dimming

TLMONKEY

Well,
Got replacement tv today,(great service from crampton+moore)
Fitted to wall few hours ago, and but for the creeking coming from the loose outer plastic screen surround on leftside lower corner when we picked up the tv to fit to wall, i was well happy with picture quality right upto when i started watching " The Event " only to see five, yes five cloud patchs,
(4 close together and 1 by itself) which are weirdly all 2-4inch's inward away and seperate from the edges of the screen??????
Is there any new tv that doesnt have problems these days??
Next option was 47le8900 or 47lx9900 then read that 8900 had sound lag+screen quality issues(dirt or water marks behind glass) and then spotted the 9900 for £1150ish with sky cashback(only £50-£100 more then the 8900),
But it to has issues and 3d isnt that good.
Now comes the panny 42/50g20b, which was my inital pick, but i couldnt live with the buzz that they supposed to have.

alsina

Well,
Got replacement tv today,(great service from crampton+moore)
Fitted to wall few hours ago, and but for the creeking coming from the loose outer plastic screen surround on leftside lower corner when we picked up the tv to fit to wall, i was well happy with picture quality right upto when i started watching " The Event " only to see five, yes five cloud patchs,
(4 close together and 1 by itself) which are weirdly all 2-4inch's inward away and seperate from the edges of the screen??????
Is there any new tv that doesnt have problems these days??
Next option was 47le8900 or 47lx9900 then read that 8900 had sound lag+screen quality issues(dirt or water marks behind glass) and then spotted the 9900 for £1150ish with sky cashback(only £50-£100 more then the 8900),
But it to has issues and 3d isnt that good.
Now comes the panny 42/50g20b, which was my inital pick, but i couldnt live with the buzz that they supposed to have.
Which the vast majority of sets do not suffer from.

TLMONKEY

Well,
While i love this tv for everyday use i cant put up with the really bad backlight bleed patchs all over it when watching dark

video scenes :(

These pics dont show it as bad as it actually is.

TLMONKEY

Well,
Crampton and moore picking tv up 2mora, getting refund, gonna go look at the le8900 in curry's/comet.
Now, Dixons do have it for alot less but not sure with dealing with them as having no shops to goto and worry about returning tv if faultly + can't see anywhere on there site what gaurantee comes with the tv's they sell.

Top Bottom