• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question UE43NU7470 - VA help ASAP

kbazza

Novice Member
Can someone just confirm if the UE43NU7470 has va panel?

I’ve found a 01/ version for sale and just want to make sure it is 100% VA before buying.

And is there any differences from UE43NU7470 to UE43NU7400?

Analysis

Banned
Can someone just confirm if the UE43NU7470 has va panel?

I’ve found a 01/ version for sale and just want to make sure it is 100% VA before buying.

And is there any differences from UE43NU7470 to UE43NU7400?

@desinho might know, as for differences I think the 7470 is solely IPS now, no VA panels are being used for this model but not 100% sure.

Entering the service menu will give you a definite answer.

Samsung revise models twice over a year, most of the time they are normally just cosmetic like bezel colour etc or additional features like sat tuners but they also change the panels as well, it's hit and miss with them.

Last edited:

kbazza

Novice Member
@desinho might know, as for differences I think the 7470 is solely IPS now, no VA panels are being used for this model but not 100% sure.

Entering the service menu will give you a definite answer.

Samsung revise models twice over a year, most of the time they are normally just cosmetic like bezel colour etc or additional features like sat tuners but they also change the panels as well, it's hit and miss with them.

Now I’m really confused because I know the 01/ versions on UE43NU7400 are VA, so I thought it would be the same for the 01/ versions of the UE43NU7470

Hoping @desinho can help.

Thanks for the reply.

desinho

Prominent Member
Now I’m really confused because I know the 01/ versions on UE43NU7400 are VA, so I thought it would be the same for the 01/ versions of the UE43NU7470

Hoping @desinho can help.

Thanks for the reply.
All the 01's should have the same panel afaik (so in this case the VA yes). Maybe you can check what the serial number is as well, see this post: 40/43” with Wide Color Gamut? (VA aswell would be perfect)
I wouldn't expect different panels in a 7400 vs 7470 with the corresponding 01/02/etc. but it's also something I haven't paid particular attention to (hard enough to find any info at all these days; seems like ages since I have seen anyone post a picture of their service menu for example that contains more detailed info. Not helped by the lack of a standard remote supplied instead of the smart one).
Model codes can differ between countries as well and hasn't seemed to make a difference for the panel so I wouldn't expect 7400 vs 7470, that might be for cosmetic differences or remote control differences, to make a difference for the panel either.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom