UE43NU7400 - Underclock to 48Hz?

Is it possible to fool and underclock a Samsung UE43NU7400 (60Hz) to 48Hz for correct 24Hz rendition by selecting a 48Hz resolution through an AMD laptop's HDMI, utilizing the UE43NU7400 as an Extended display, or otherwise manipulate it via CRU, Custom Resolution Utility?

I've used CRU previously on a couple of PC monitors, however not by overclocking as I believe this to be more of a risk than underclocking.

Will it work?

Thanks to whomever who may be able to answer.

Kapkirk

If the settings are available in the laptop when connecting it up just try it and see, i think they have a list of resolutions you could try, you'll either get a picture or you wont.

Upvote 0
If the settings are available in the laptop when connecting it up just try it and see, i think they have a list of resolutions you could try, you'll either get a picture or you wont.
I hear you, do you think it'll be beneficial to opt for a laptop with a dedicated GPU instead of an APU solution to possibly reduce heat and noise, presumably off-loading the stress on the CPU package by letting the external monitor be runned by a standalone GPU chip?

I mean, an APU shares the IHS with with its iGPU, resulting in hitting the maximum temperature and throttling faster than suggested otherwise, am I not right on this?

I do not plan to play any games, but editing 24hz videos (movie trailers).

Thank you!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom