UBS C port not fast enough

RidleyDeckard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I bought a new PC and it has a dedicated UBS C port on the motherboard - it is the ASUS ROG STRIX B560-F GAMING WIFI Intel B560 PCIe 4.0 ATX Motherboard.

It has 1 UBS C 3.2, 2 UBS 3.1 and 2 USB 3.2 ports, built into it, plus a UBS C 2.0 connector for audio.

I've tried connecting the Quest via every port and every time it tells me I need to connect it via a super speed UBS connection. The ports work with mice and keyboards, I assume it is a data transfer issue.

Has anyone got any idea why it may not be working or how I can test it?

EDIT: It is worth pointing out that the cable works perfectly on my original PC.

Tried a different USB cable? The one that comes with it isn't sufficient IIRC

Tried a different USB cable? The one that comes with it isn't sufficient IIRC
I think my edit must have been posted at the same time as you. The cable works perfectly on my original PC

The official Oculus link cable.

The official Oculus link cable.
I would visit the Asus website and download all driver and BIOS update. Interestingly someone mentioned in this thread that Asus is terrible for VR
Post in thread 'Pre-Built from Scan' Pre-Built from Scan

I would visit the Asus website and download all driver and BIOS update. Interestingly someone mentioned in this thread that Asus is terrible for VR
Post in thread 'Pre-Built from Scan' Pre-Built from Scan
Someone somewhere else told me that there was a problem with ASUS AMD motherboards and USB support, in theory as mine is Intel, it should be fine, but I'll certainly give it a go.

I've got an Asus Prime X570 Pro board. The onboard USB works with everything other than my Vive Pro and G2 headsets. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work with an Oculus headset either. It's a piece of crap in that regard. I've applied the latest BIOS updates that apparently fix a range of USB glitching issues, but that doesn't solve it either.

Had to get a separate powered USB card for them to work at all (and my Vive Pro's camera still isn't recognised). Will never buy anything Asus again 👎

So just ran a test using a Crucial SSD with a 1050Mb/s read rate and USBDeview and the USB Type A 3.1 is 384Mb/s and the USB Type A 3.2 is 834Mb/s, but the UBS C is only 38Mb/s. I'll be back on the phone to Scan tomorrow morning.
I've also plugged in a separate UBS PCI card with a 3.0 USB C port and that is only giving 380Mb/s as well, it normally does well over 600Mb/s

One last update, it appears all the UBSs were in low power mode. I managed to fix that and the Quest 2 now connects correctly to PCI card USB C port, however, the one on the motherboard doesn't work as it doesn't produce anything like enough power for the Oculus to even detect it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom