Uber complicated Xbox live access?

M

mic.lastname

I refuse to pay 90 euro for the wireless dongle, and iv read about connecting your 360 through your pc to access xbox live?

However, my pc is not directly connected to a router, its connected on a wireless network. Is it still possible to hook it up in this manner?

Yup. Just use internet connection sharing on yuor pc...

Not certain of the intricacies... look up ICS on your PC. It WILL do the job though

Make sure you put the two network adapters on different ip scopes. If your main connection to the internet is on, say, 192.168.1.x, put the other on, say, 192.168.0.x. and give it a static address, not dynamically assigned. Then give your 360 a static ip address in the same scope and use the ip address of the pc adapter as the default gateway. Use network bridging on the two adapters and everything should work.

So:

Main adapter = 192.168.1.2

Secondary = 192.168.0.1, subnet = 255.255.255.0, default gateway = blank

360 = 192.168.0.2, subnet = 255.255.255.0, default gateway = 192.168.0.1

Then bridge the main and secondary adapters on the pc.

Or buy an ethernet access point and connect your Xbox to that.

So Xbox to access point via ethernet and access point to wireless router.

Or buy an ethernet access point and connect your Xbox to that.

So Xbox to access point via ethernet and access point to wireless router.

I agree, this is how I have mine connected. The only problem is, most access points are pricey, which is what the OP seems to want to be avoiding.

I had it this way. It was fairly crappy connection though compared to both the wireless dongle and being plugged into the router direct. Very slow downloads and almost impossible to play online.

About 50 quid for the wireless adaptor isn't it..?

I've got one and it performs very well, much better than any other wireless device I've used which includes a PC USB wifi adapter and a built in Mac Airport thingy.

Extortionate yes, should be no more than 30 quid. But when I think about the hours you could spend setting up ICS and messing about in lobbys looking for opponents you can actually connect too - I'd cough up!

You could always get a US one. Dunno how much they are but bound to be cheaper!

Only 40 squid from Play Asia, http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es-49-en-70-190l.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom