Ub820 with gz2000 which one do I let upscale?

Noble372

Standard Member
Can not find much on this?

My tv has the HCX PRO Intelligent Processor

The player has the HCX Processor

Do the two talk with one another being both Panasonic? Like some Sony players, or do I just turn off the 4K up scaling on the 820? Thank you

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Can not find much on this?

My tv has the HCX PRO Intelligent Processor

The player has the HCX Processor

Do the two talk with one another being both Panasonic? Like some Sony players, or do I just turn off the 4K up scaling on the 820? Thank you
If you turn off player 4K upscaling you are also turning off 4K output for UHDs (it's done by setting UB820 HDMI resolution from auto to 1080). So you will need to toggle between it on and off if you play UHDs. I've never seen any difference between doing it on the player or the TV so for convenience I leave the player to do it.

Noble372

Standard Member
If you turn off player 4K upscaling you are also turning off 4K output for UHDs (it's done by setting UB820 HDMI resolution from auto to 1080). So you will need to toggle between it on and off if you play UHDs. I've never seen any difference between doing it on the player or the TV so for convenience I leave the player to do it.
Awesome thank you what tv do you own???

gcogger

This is something that's bugged me for years :( I don't get a sensible option to use the TV for upscaling as pretty much all sources have the same issue. Where's the option to output at 'original' resolution?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom